Thread: Gigabyte X58a-ud3r -Unable to write in usb 3

Gigabyte X58a-ud3r -Unable to write in usb 3

I am having problems. When I connect the enclosure to USB 3 USB 3-Port, which randomly drop writing to disk. I’m using the newest driver usb 3 USB 3.0 Driver 2.0.30.0 NEC. Anybody here knows how to fix this trouble.

Re: Gigabyte X58a-ud3r -Unable to write in usb 3

Have been a few of this type of problem with the USB3 units. Most of them have had different causes. Probably the most common would be the external hard drive interface is faulty.

Are you sure you have the latest version of the BIOS for the motherboard and install the latest drivers for USB3 on board?

It might be worth checking the firmware of the unit also to see if there is anything new available. Also make sure that USB3 is enabled in the BIOS.

Yes USB 3 is enabled in the bios, is the default setting. I tried with 2 different internal drives. One is a portable 2.5” and another is 3.5" connected to the box. The cable and the box are newly bought.

The cable and the box works well on USB 2 ports on the motherboard. Yes, my bios is relatively recent. This is a FC; I will attempt the last FG1, but not read in any part of the records of previous changes of any usb 3 sets.

Often the changlogs in BIOS updates are very weak and not really describe much of what they fix.I'm not saying that is the interface unit, so it could be. Sure I could be the motherboard. It's just that I've heard many times before and s little obvious culprit is the board. It has become generally not the case, however.

There is a physical difference between the USB2 and USB3 ports and interfaces. The USB 3 has many more connections and it is very likely to work in USB mode 2 but not in the way USB3.

I have the same board rev2. And just get a Nexstar 3 USB and have the same trouble with the USB 3.0 of tumbling out. But as the board has two ports that I have identified is just one of the three USB ports is causing the problem and the other works well and does not have USB 2 ports.

My motherboard is defective and replacement returnable?

X58A-UD3R I have one with the same trouble. Firs time was detect by overclockers .adequate instance to discover an answer. I updated the BIOS to f7, Renesas USB 3.0 chips and firmware USB 3.0 drivers and still drop out and move troubles chilly.

I’m using USB 3.0 Conceptronic HDD dock on Windows 7 64 bits. The trouble is that the two USB connectors motherboard. Use Google to search for "Renesas USB 3.0 trouble" can be seen that there is a trouble very few people.

Again, if you are sure that the card is faulty then you can RMA. Just bear in mind that if it is a case of drivers of BIOS troubles of the RMA will not get you very far if you can persuade to work.

I have just bought the same problem twice Nexstar 3 USB dock and when I connect to USB 3 will be shown and then connect unconnects connects three times under devices in windows and see the drives in and out l completely then you cannot access the drives, but if l got a 2 port USB works well, X58A - UD3R ff brand new dock and charging new band Windows 7 64 is still the same trouble.

It is also a new motherboard and I had another problem with the RAM frequency is fixed now with this new board, but now he encountered this trouble many here are having all the latest drivers, such as loading back up.

For all l tried this and made a change to get a cable from the back 3/4s spring or will have to work how much u need to pull it then begins to work, but once u push all the way then is removed so it could be a cable for all but pulling it back as it could connect the USB 2 instead of three.

The face to face again took the stand to explain the problem cable, I got usb cable 2 m 3 of a firm differences that 1 million more, plugged cable pushed to the bottom and hit worked and has not abandoned immediately, so it seems that the cable that comes with NexStar springs are defective, so l suggest if u hv all these springs also get a USB cable of 3 made by another and try it, I would say problems all with the abandonment would be the cable that comes in the box springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0w-Le0p@rD View Post
    The face to face again took the stand to explain the problem cable, I got usb cable 2 m 3 of a firm differences that 1 million more, plugged cable pushed to the bottom and hit worked and has not abandoned immediately, so it seems that the cable that comes with NexStar springs are defective, so l suggest if u hv all these springs also get a USB cable of 3 made by another and try it, I would say problems all with the abandonment would be the cable that comes in the box springs.
    Cheap, cables Chinese are becoming an increasingly large problem everywhere .a colleague of mine here took a whole roll of 100 meters
    2-conductor 15 amp cord and to use his words "felt stiff and not so right" turned out to be steel with a copper core washed!

You can imagine, in a variety of hardware, there is virtually no possibility of hardware fault, and I've tried all the latest drivers, so there is no possibility of a software problem either. That’s how I got a new idea, although it appears to be a subject of ancient history, an IRQ conflict.

Would take too long to explain here IRQ, I cannot give details of how to solve, I'm sure Google will find it for you. The fact is that IFFFF to manage through the BIOS and system settings to configure the driver to USB3 IRQ is not shared with any other thing, no more dropouts.