Thread: Unable to enter Bios setup in Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3

Unable to enter Bios setup in Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3

I had the GA-z68x-UD7-b3 for a few months only. This morning when I try to start my pc will not boot. So I decide to reinstall Windows 64-bit and again since I'm getting the new revo 3 x2 unit anyway. To my dismay, that he cannot enter BIOS setup by pressing the DEL key no matter what you try. The same happens when I try to test the F9 key, end key and the F12 key to change the boot drive so you can install windows on my pen drive. I'm puzzled. Can anyone tell me if the Council has died? Any solution to my trouble is with immense pleasure before deciding to get a new gasket.

Re: Unable to enter Bios setup in Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3

Firstly do not panic! It's probably nothing more. Have you tried changing the keyboard with a PS2 version?
    The next thing is to attempt to clear the CMOS.Remove the power cord from the power supply and push the power switch in the case of only a few seconds to drain residual power in the power supply capacitors.

Once done take absent the battery from the motherboard at least one hour prior to replacing it.New plug next to the power supply and boot. You now necessitate entering the BIOS by pressing Delete and loading BIOS optimized defaults.

Make no other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your car and drive off, disable the full screen logo and make the hard disk of the primary boot device and press F10 to save and exit.

But when I try to enter the BIOS after a reboot of Windows, do not enter the BIOS again after several attempts by pressing the 'delete' key. Still unable to launch the boot menu by pressing 'F12' key, but the system boot without troubles in Windows without any problems. I do not know what is happening to the board

I using touch now to change BIOS settings BIOS. The manual mode to access the BIOS during the POST does not work. I do not know why. Does anyone have the same problem as me with this board GA-Z68X-UD7-B3? Clearing CMOS and removing battery for a while only works on the first try, but is not in subsequent attempt.

PS2 connection works fine .Legacy USB enabled simply does not work. He tried two different BIOS (which comes with the board and last) and different keyboards. The lights are "On", the keyboard on the screen after .nevertheless you cannot enter the BIOS with a USB keyboard.

For the plate E / S trouble attempt replacing the motherboard and see if you can get better fit if it is just a short distance out. Clearly if it is drastically wrong then made with the distributor or manufacturer for a new one. To help with the problem of entering the BIOS I suggest trying to make a Clear CMOS thoroughly.

Remove the power cord from the power supply and press the power switch in the case of only a few seconds to drain residual power in the power supply capacitors. Once done remove the battery from the motherboard at least half an hour before replacing it. New plug next to the power supply and boot. You now need to enter the BIOS by pressing Delete and load BIOS optimized defaults. Make no other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your car and drive off, disable the full screen logo and make the hard disk of the primary boot device and press F10 to save and exit.

You are right that nowadays USB keyboard should not pose any trouble. I've been using my USB keyboard to access the bios without any troubles during the last couple of months until recently when I flashed the new bios to get the revo F9C 3 x 2 works. F7 revived and the problem still persists.

I do not know why it behaves erratically - sometimes they can enter the bios after about 20 to 30 attempts to restart. Clearing CMOS and removing battery for a while not always work for me. Perhaps she should look at GIGABYTE. Anyway I'll just use the PS2 keyboard if I have to change some BIOS settings.

I would agree that in theory should not be a problem and is something that I think Gigabyte needs to look in greater depth. The USB circuit seems to have a particular subject that can inherent effect when trying to use it to enter the BIOS, etc, as here, and when it comes to loading data from a USB drive when in a DOS session.

This seems to be the connecting factor to the problems only when in a pre-Windows environment. All USB drives seem to work well when in Windows, but some DOS.Hopefully it will be because it has been a trouble for a long time now.

If you have installed or any other software Touch BIOS including extra attempt.

You can utilize the USB keyboard to acquire to the Bios. Switched to USB 3.0/2.0 USB interface in its place of having everything in 2.0/1.1 slots, not as I will run extra USB slots. Removed Bios, on / off load and Touch Bios Just to be safe.

It seems that the backplane is only a slight mispress, less perfect, going out ever so slightly as it rises. Apart from two small problems in the other table gigabyte beautiful.

I did not imagine it could be much, but sometimes trying to pin that up can be difficult.