Thread: Need information on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7

Need information on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7

I will make use of this product till Bulldozer processor comes to the marketplace. I will have to overclock the system in view of the fact that I'm in graphic & video edit business and I'm not convinced if my rams are appropriate for it. I may have to inquire for help. Do you imagine I might have any troubles with Easytune 6 Auto-Overlock? I don't have a great deal information about this subject so I will require assistance for certain.

• CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955BE
    • Graphics Card: MSI Radeon 6850
    • Memory: Kingston 4*2= 8 GB
    • CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    • Hard drives: Seagate 1 tb
    • Power supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W Power Supply
    • Case: COOLER MASTER HAF X 942

Re: Need information on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7

EasyTune6 is a simple programme to get you started with overclocking and, as such, can be a useful tool. There is also AMD Overdrive, which is a further software programme for overclocking, nevertheless it is a modest harder to use.

For the most excellent overclocking experience though, you actually need to acquire into the BIOS and make the necessary changes. This is harder to do but has the advantage of the overclock being there from the instant you switch on the PC, as a replacement for of waiting for everything to start-up.

Overclocking on the 9 Series boards is a little dissimilar to how things used to be done, for the reason that of the LLC design of the new boards. This means you require to have a higher starting Voltage for the processor to recompense for the Voltage drop that this design introduce, to defend the CPU.

most excellent recommendation would be to play with EasyTune6 primary and give permission that locate what is best for your system and then, on one occasion you have some figures for CPU Speed and Voltages etc. , originate look into tweaking the BIOS. If you have precise query then feel free to inquire them and an important person is bound to be capable to help guide you through the various stages.

Before you think about overclocking I would recommend that you get the system up and running for a few weeks at the default settings to make sure all of your components are working fine. Once you know that everything is running well and that the PC is stable, then you will have a baseline to work from.

Do you think I might have any problems with RAM's, since they are single module? Before, with my FX790A Motherboard I had some troubles and I'm worried about having the same trouble again. What options would be most excellent for me, at least until my Bulldozer processor arrives.

And I might ask for a suggestion for RAM that is entirely compatible in the midst of my motherboard (when Bulldozer arrive).

Will UEFI BIOS be well-matched with this motherboard in the future; does BIOS have any plans about it? I was about to purchase ASUS immediately for it however old behavior expire solid and I got a Gigabyte again.

Gigabytes implementation of UEFI BIOS is a modest dissimilar to that seen on other maker's motherboards and is kind of a cross flanked by the advantages of UEFI with the dependability if the BIOS as it now is. The 9 series boards by now have a number of of the features such as 3TB HDD support and I would envisage that further improvement will be added in the future.

Gigabyte dissatisfied me to say the reality. With Noctua Cooling the heat rate is still far above the ground. Overdrive seems to show the coolers either on or off after every restart, with no any order. Easy Boost function of Easytune 6 didn't give me the enhancement I hoped for. Where do you believe is the mistake? I'm really dissatisfied about the performance; I hope it will get better with your help. Or I might send it back.

Well, first of all, my pc is in a room well cooled by air conditioner, completely not exaggerated by the weather outside. Also with my 790FX motherboard which I used previous to this one, I seen high degree of temperature by cpu stock fans.

Cooler master HAF942 is my tower model, you almost certainly know how it's cooling is. In addition, I have added another fan. The consequences I have given above are taken when the system was idle.

The Noctua D14 is in general outstanding at cooling and I have a HAF932 so I know just what your casing is like for cooling capability. Can you verify the temperature by some other means as it sounds very high for your system on idle? Perhaps the sensor is faulty. I am not recognizable with the definite motherboard/CPU setup but basic knows them well and if there is anything wrong he will surely know.

I totally agree with you on the heat issue, I don't think it's normal at all. After talking to Basic I will use thermal paste and try again the whole process.

I don't know how recognizable you are with applying TIM nevertheless it is as awful to put on too much as too little. Approximately the size of a large grain of rice in the centre is about right in general. Also make convinced that the bottom/sides of the heatsink isn't fouling on something around the CPU area and being held somewhat off the surface for the reason that I had that happen on my last build and it was just moving the coils so I had to revolve the heatsink 90 degrees.

I have to speak that I too imagine your CPU temps are a little warm and I would be two times checking that the cooler is mounted properly and sitting correctly on the CPU. I give details about installing the CPU and cooler and further down.

You can observe that I too am using a Noctua NH-D14 cooler. I be acquainted with ambient temps in the UK are subordinate than you understanding but my 1090T is at present functioning at just about 27C