Thread: multimedia keys are not working of Gigabyte GK-K7100

multimedia keys are not working of Gigabyte GK-K7100

I have purchased Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard which I am using it with my computer. all the things were going good. before some days I have upgrade my computer with windows 7 operating system and after upgrading the system when I have connected my keyboard with my computer from that time I am not able to use the multimedia functions of my Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard. please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: multimedia keys are not working of Gigabyte GK-K7100

first you have to disconnect your Keyboard from your computer and after that you have to connect the keyboard with your computer again and after that check whether it makes any difference or not. as far as I know Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard is USB keyboard and that is why I will suggest you to connect your keyboard with different USB port and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

Connect your Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard with any other computer and after that check whether you are able to use the multimedia functions with that system or not. if you are not able to use the multimedia keys with that system also then problem is with your keyboard only and if you are able to use the multimedia functions of the Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard with other computer then problem is with your system.

you should also try to solve this problem by uninstalling the drivers of the keyboard from the device manager and after that you have to unplug the keyboard from your computer and then restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to plug the Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard and I think after that it will automatically detect the drivers and install it in your computer. After drivers installation has done then check what the result is. I think this trick will solve the issue.

If you done know about how to uninstall the drivers from the device manager then you have to follow this steps.
    • first you have to open the my computer.
    • after that you have to right click on the open area.
    • after that you have to select the properties
    • now after selecting the properties you have to select the device manager option.
    • in device manager you have to select the keyboard option and after that right click in that.
    • after that you have to select the uninstall option.

after that it will uninstall the drivers.

According to me you are doing something wrong while trying to use the multimedia functions of the Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard. did you try to enable the multimedia functions by pressing the "fn" + "F12” key? if you have not tried this yet then first try this and after that see whether it makes any difference or not

I know that by pressing the "fn" + "F12” key we can enable the multimedia function and I have already tried that. now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by connecting the keyboard with the different USB port and that doesn’t make any difference. now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by uninstalling the drivers from the device manager and unplugging the keyboard from my computer and plugging it back to the computer but that doesn’t make any difference.

Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

With your Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard did you get any installation CD? if you have any installation CD which comes with the keyboard then you have to insert that CD in your computer and after that you have to install the drivers and software from that CD and after that your problem might get solved.

if you didn’t get any CD with your Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard then you have to try to find the drivers on the internet. you have to first visit the Gigabyte official site and after that you have to click on the support and download s option. now after that you have to select the keyboard option and after that you have to select the Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard and after that you have to downed the drivers and after that you have to download the drivers. now after downloading the drivers you have to install that drivers in your computer and after installing the drivers in your computer your problem will get solved.
    try this idea and after that let me know what the result is.

I was also having the similar problem with my Gigabyte GK-K7100 keyboard also and after that I have tried all the possible solution but after that also I was getting the same issue and after that I have reinstalled the USB drivers in my computer and after reinstalling the USb drivers my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me. I think you should also try this solution.

if none of the above solution is helping me you to solve this issue then I think you should take the help from the Gigabyte support. you have to email your problem to the Gigabyte support and after that they will give you solution for this problem.

I have gone through your solution and after referring your solution I have tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the USB drivers and after reinstalling the USB drivers also I was getting the same problem. now after that I have emailed my problem to the Gigabyte support and I hope they will give me solution regarding this.