Thread: Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H is not reading memory properly

Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H is not reading memory properly

I am using Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H motherboard in my computer in which I have I7 processor. in my computer I was using 4Gb of Ram and all the things were going good. some days before I have decided to upgrade the RAM in my computer and after that I bought one Ram stick of 4 GB. now after adding that RAM stick in my computer when I start the system at that time it shows 4GB RAM installed only. in my computer I have windows 7 operating system. what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H is not reading memory properly

first thing you need to check is that whether you have connected the RAM stick with your system properly or not. I will suggest you that you have to remove the RAM from your computer and after that you have to connect the RAM with your computer properly and after connecting the RAM again check whether it showing properly or not.

I would like to tell you that connect your RAM stick with any other machine and after that you have to check whether that RAM is working fine that machine or not. if that RAM stick is working fine with other machine then there might be something wrong with your motherboard and if you get the same problem with other machine also then problem is with your RAM stick only.

many times this type of problem occurs because of the incompatibility of RAM stick and that is why I would like to tell you that you have first check the RAM stick which you have purchased is compatible with your motherboard or not. Because of the RAM is incompatible then you will not able to use the Ram with your computer. you have to also try the RAM stick with different memory slot in your computer and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

did you check the BIOS setting? many times BIOS setting also causes this issue and that is why you have to first open the BIOS setting in your computer and after that you have to check whether all the BIOS setting is proper or not.

According to me you have to open the BIOS setting in your computer and after that you have to find the setting for RAM frequency and RAM voltage. After that you have to change the setting and then save that setting. now after saving the setting you have to check whether your system is reading the memory properly or not.

I am telling you this because if the RAM frequency and RAM voltage is not set properly then you have to set it properly and after that your problem will get solved. try this solution and after that see what the situation is.

What BIOS version you are using in your computer? as far as I know you should update the BIOS with F3 version because this version is released specially to improve the memory compatibility. You should update the BIOS with F3 version and after that things will start working properly.

To update the BIOS you have to first go to the Gigabyte official website and from there you have to download the BIOS update file in your computer. After downloading the BIOS update file you have to burn the BIOS file in to the DVD and you have to make that bootable or you can also create bootable USB flash drive with the help of that BIOS file. after doing that you have to reboot your computer and then you have to update the BIOS.

after you update the BIOS you have connect the new RAM with your computer and after that you have to check whether your system is reading the RAM stick properly or not. I think after updating the BIOS with the F3 version your problem will get solved.

if you need any more help regarding this issue then let me know.

you can download the F3 version BIOS update file by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After clicking here you have to select the respective option from the country selection and then you have to click on the download button and after that download will start.

as you have suggested that I have to update the BIOS version in my computer and after looking at that I have done BIOS update in my system from by following your given steps and after that my system has recognized the RAM stick properly. after updating the BIOS my system graphics has started giving me issues. some times its gives message that graphic drivers has stopped working and recovered. this message popup sometimes when I start my system.

What should I do to solve this issue?

I think your graphic drivers I crashing with some other things and that is why you have to uninstall the graphic drivers from your computer and after that you have to delete all the temporary files from your computer and after deleting the temporary files you have to reboot the computer and the install the graphic drivers again and then you will not get any message.

if you are having the same problem after reinstalling the graphic drivers in your computer then you need to upgrade the graphic drivers with latest ones. Download the latest graphic drivers from the Gigabyte official site and after that you have to uninstall the graphic drivers which is installed in your computer and after that run the driver cleaner.after that restart the system and the update the graphic drivers and after updating the graphic drivers your problem will get solved.

I have downloaded the updated graphic drivers from the internet and after that I have installed that in my computer and after installing the updated graphic drivers in my computer all the things started working fine. Reinstalling the graphic drivers doesn’t make any difference but updating it has done the trick. Thanks for helping me.

I am using Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H motherboard in my computer in which I have I3 processor. in my computer I was using 2Gb of Ram and all the things were going good but when i was upgrade my RAM and 2GB to 4GB......then my windows show me that think....Installed memory (RAM): 4GB (3.87 GB usable). plz w help me

Quote Originally Posted by nazid View Post
    I am using Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H motherboard in my computer in which I have I3 processor. in my computer I was using 2Gb of Ram and all the things were going good but when i was upgrade my RAM and 2GB to 4GB......then my windows show me that think....Installed memory (RAM): 4GB (3.87 GB usable). plz w help me
    Which windows operating system are you using? If you are using 32 bit windows operating system then it will only show less then 4gb memory usuable in your system but if you are using a 64 bit windows operating system then it will utilize all the 4gb memory in use. Hope that gives you a basic idea about same.