Thread: BIOS settings for Intel Core i7 on MSI X58 motherboard

BIOS settings for Intel Core i7 on MSI X58 motherboard

I am planning to configure the intel Core I7 processor on my MSI X58 motherboard. For this I need little information. The main info I needed is the motherboard settings required for this processor. Does anyone know the proper setting for this processor as well as motherboard?

Re: BIOS settings for Intel Core i7 on MSI X58 motherboard

Based on the latest Intel X58 chipset designed for Intel Core i7 X58 Pro takes advantage of all the latest innovations developed by MSI. With the system DrMOS this motherboard is full of technologies that will allow less heat to your configuration (technology XpressCool) using less energy (GreenPower technology) while providing a more stable and robust technology (RapidBoost).
    Crossfire Compatible MSI X58 Platinum allows you to combine the power of two ATI graphics cards for better graphics rendering and an exceptional fluidity in games. Its connectivity includes rich enough to connect all your devices, including an e-SATA port and a Firewire port and a Gigabit Ethernet as well as an optical audio output. Finally OC Switch technology that allows you to increase the frequency of the processor without using the BIOS.

The new i7 overclock is extremely difficult and unstable. However, as often in Intel architecture does not change between 920 and i7 i7 940. Only the frequency changes. In the same case, we could take the E8400@3.0Ghz and E8600@3.33Ghz, both are identical, with only a slight overclock of 333MHz for the E8600

The Core i7 use the LGA1366 support. Besides the higher number of contacts from the 775, the spacing of fasteners is important. It is therefore not possible to fix a radiator with a fastening system 775. The principle of mounting the processor does not change, however. LGA1366 support is always a sort of "waffle" with a locking lever. In reviewing the media, we see Torx screws screwed into a metal plate on the back of the motherboard. This system should not be removed!

You first need to actually do nothing but raise the blck and provide the FSB clock to the smallest or the smallest clock divider. You do not have to adjust any tension that goes off when I7 rather late.

From the initial menu of the BIOS you recall all the settings of your computer. The interface is still virtually identical to that of the early '80s BIOS, because it is assumed that this menu access only technical experts. But recently MSI on some motherboards have a BIOS allows more user-friendly thanks to EFI (Extensible Interface Firmaware). In the most recent BIOS, Phoenix production like this (second image), the summary screen is replaced by a text-based menu bar at the top of the screen, the only concession to modern windowing interfaces.

Really interesting is the first glimpse into the BIOS of the Intel board. That shows various details about the processor, including of course the transfer rate of the new QPI interface. The BIOS allows a very early stage already diverse settings, including the new feature of the "Turbo Mode" is. In the default settings that operates in the use of two to four processor cores with the multiplier 22, in a single union utilization of a core it is raised slightly to 23. Furthermore, there is also an option for a maximum multiplier in the non-turbo mode.

Power-gamers will be addressed by the MSI directly: they should be pleased with the opportunity to unite to three graphics cards in CrossFireX composite. Such an expensive enterprise begs the question, why are saved motherboard when suddenly need. But MSI with the X58 Pro will offer comprehensive performing well. So we can also do a lot with the BIOS: Memory timings can be controlled easily, and who wants to start using an alternative M-Flash BIOS from a USB stick, or updating the existing. With so-called "Easy Buttons" can reset the BIOS settings can be switched on and off.