Thread: Affordable AM3+ motherboard

Affordable AM3+ motherboard

Yes it is true that I am building a new computer and for that I am searching for a good motherboard with most of the features which I seem useful and needed. After several research on Google I finally come across the good option and that is all about the AM3+ motherboard. i know that there might be several. So can anyone help to find the best one?

Re: Affordable AM3+ motherboard

Manufacturers are preparing for the launch of the new AMD FX processors with the introduction of motherboards that will support socket AM3 + among others, the eight-core Bulldozer . Therefore, ASUS or Gigabyte is presenting at the 2011 Computex ATX different models and the new 900 series chipset, AMD 990FX, 990X as well as 970, along with the SB950 southbridge. The support plates FX processors with 4, 6 and 8 processing cores in addition to present models II AM3 Phenom, Athlon along with Sempron II 100.

I am a novice in the field of AMD, I would like to know if a motherboard supports AM3 + processor socket AM3. Because I have a AMD Phenom ii x2 550 Black Edition, and I want to order a motherboard, but the only one that would be safe would be this one: ASUS M5A78L-M

AMD chipsets are planned for the Crossfire, which is to couple two graphics cards AMD / ATI. The current chipsets currently available for AMD socket AM3 are 785, 790 and 880, 890: they enable CrossFire without restriction. Do not choose a motherboard chipset prior to 760G, the HyperTransport bus is clamped, slowing trade with the RAM. The last out is the 890 chipset, designed for the Phenom II X6. NVidia chipsets are designed for SLI, which is to couple two Nvidia graphics cards. But Nvidia have developed virtually no new chipset for AM3 motherboard, it is especially suited to older chipsets on motherboards DDR3.

The announcement of compatibility between the processor architecture and the Bulldozer AM3 comes from AMD itself. And the least we can say is that the AM3/AM3 + compatibility issues have caused much ink. Releases on the subject, who succeeded until now, were often contradictory. Manufacturers of motherboards announced support for the Bulldozer by AM3, while AMD said this impossible.

I have the Gigabyte USB3L-870A seems a very good value for money, but I heard that the old chipsets like this will not developer the power of CPU Bulldozer. To be confirmed. Personally, I will still wait for the CPU tests and all that, to make me a final notice.

The differences between the motherboard features are broad as they are intended to cover all market segments. One of the most advanced (and expensive) is the ASUS Crosshair Formula V with power supply with voltage regulator 8 +2 phase Extreme Engine, support for up to 2133 MHz DDR3, 3 PCIe x16 slots for Crossfire X graphical multiplayer modes and SLI, and range of SATA connectors (3 and 6 Gbps) and ports for USB peripheral interface 3.0 and 2.0. All under the elitist ROG (Republic of Gamers) that promotes and facilitates real-time overclocking technologies like ROG Connect, MemOK! TurboV Evo or application. Furthermore, this model may include a Thunderbolt ASUS Killer NIC or Ethernet.