Thread: Overclocking my Intel DP55KG Extreme Series

Overclocking my Intel DP55KG Extreme Series

Hello friends, I am now thinking to overclock my computer and I am just wondering that what type of the hardware may be lacking from my computer. I am just thinking about the cooler and fan department. Below is my computer specification:
    • CPU: Intel i7 2.93 GHz
    • Mobo: Intel DP55KG Extreme Series
    • Vid Card: ATI Sapphire Radeon 5770
    • Power: 550 Watt

I do not have the additional cooling units, it is only having the basic heatsink. My case is also small and that is not having any special vents. I will really appreciate if someone of you can guide me through this.

Re: Overclocking my Intel DP55KG Extreme Series

If you really wish to overclock your computer then starting with changing the case will be better option for you. Other than this, you must add a custom cooler for your cpu. Mly suggestion to you is to go for the Coolermaster 212 which is a good cooler if you want to do overclocking.

I don’t think that you need to do overclocking to your system as you are already having Intel i7 2.93 GHz process. This is enough to run almost any game and programs. But if you feel some overheating problem then you can make use of some cooling system for sure.

The purpose of the CPU overclock is to increase the performance of a processor. The advantage is obvious: It saves money, because otherwise you would have to buy a more expensive processor. However, there are overclocking the CPU to note a few features since the computing unit of a computer can quickly be damaged otherwise. In this article I want to give you tips on how you can overclock a CPU. Overclocking Overclocking also been named by experts. Each CPU is provided by the manufacturer with a clock speed of the CPU is stable under run. The manufacturers often choose these very low. Towards the top, is so often also potential to obtain a more powerful CPU with higher clock frequency. It must not be the whole system unstable. When overclocking process is to check exactly when the CPU is overloaded and the computer is unstable.

In order to overclock the CPU, it must be changed into the BIOS. For this purpose, start the PC and pressed during the boot process, the Delete key on the keyboard. Under some circumstances it may be another key (depending on the BIOS). Among the frequency settings are found in an Intel system, some values that can be adapted:
    • CPU clock ratio (multiplier)
    • BCLK (base clock)
    • System Memory Multiplier

It's worth the CPU overclock, if you want to have at video decoding programs more power. Tickle more power for gaming or office applications out and well worth the CPU overclocking though. This would be buying a graphics card more advisable. The goal is to get maximum power out or the overclocking world record to break, you should not prevail. Rather, stability and performance should be brought into line. No one needs a PC that is at times really fast it might freezes every 15 minutes because it is overloaded.

More power usually means that the heat increases. If you want to do overclocking then you should keep an eye on the temperature. Under some circumstances it may be necessary to a better CPU cooler to install and to use a water cooler. But this is not always necessary. That another important factor is the warranty. This falls on the CPU when you overclock them. Also, damaged motherboards or graphics cards due to CPU overclocking can be excluded from the guarantee.

Once the CPU is overclocked, it should test the stability of the CPU. Here are the following programs have proven:
    • FurMark (Extensive OpenGL Benchmark)
    • SiSoftware Sandra (stress test)
    • Prime 95 (CPU Stability Test)

When making an overclocking temperature rises of almost all our computers, we must take into account the process which is the highest temperature. Ram cards that when increasing the temperature also increases BUS, video card functions as compared to the normal.

I would never recommend you to do the overclocking as this will void the warranty and you will not be able to claim for any damage to any part once attempted with the overclocking.

If you already have and want to overclock your hardware, it is advisable to seek information, there can not overclock HW due to restrictions of the manufacturer or features.

I will never recommend you to do overclocking as this will void the warranty. If you want more performance then just upgrade your CPU other than overclocking. This will be the best way to boost the performance of the system. I have never tried with overclocking and never gonna try this.