Thread: Corsair vengeance memory on Asus P5Q3 causing hard freezes

Corsair vengeance memory on Asus P5Q3 causing hard freezes

I have a standard PC with decent specification which I use as a server:
    • Asus P5Q3 motherboard
    • 4 x 4GB Vengeance DDR3
    • Adaptec 5805 RAID card through 8 x Samsung 750GB drives attached
    • 80Gb HDD

I have upgraded the RAM from 4 x 2GB Corsair CM3X2G1333C9 to the latest configuration but I got some freezes following installation except a bring up to date to the newest Asus BIOS seemed to repair each and every one of that. The board worked flawlessly through the older 8GB of RAM. Currently following adding an Adaptec 6405 RAID card as well as 2 x Corsair Force 3 60GB SSDs I unexpectedly ongoing get hard freezes again.

Re: Corsair vengeance memory on Asus P5Q3 causing hard freezes

I have all the time problem with this ram, I wonder now if it is really compatible (at least not according to the manual of the motherboard from Asus). I tested MemTestX86 for several hours and testing windows 7 but nothing is there.

The timings are changed in the DRAM Timing Control, where else ... There are a slew of timings, the most important are the first 4 which are the values usually reported in the technical specifications of the kit:
    • DRAM CAS # Latency: 10 DRAM Clock
    • DRAM RAS # to CAS # Delay: 10 DRAM Clock
    • DRAM RAS # PRE Time: 10 DRAM Clock
    • DRAM RAS # ACT Time: 27 DRAM Clock

The remaining timings they can leave the "Auto" for the DRAM Timing Mode sets 2N or 3N. PS The BIOS is updated? Sometimes you can improve performance by upgrading with the Rams.

Theoretically, it will work according to the SPD core (lower frequencies) and once activated xmp profiles, it should work as specified by the manufacturers. So either you take them or it will not work as quickly as expected or else you take a series of KIT or other compatible brands. The choice is yours.

It is likely that in the install, running at Vengeance 1333. And indeed, the XMP profile should rotate to its frequency manufacturer or 1600MHz. The other issue is compatibility with the cooler. These bars have a high enough heat sink, it is best to check first if the two are compatible. For this, you can ask the site e-commerce or seller of the store before you buy. Or, you can withdraw you from this purchase within 7 days (return costs at your expense). You'll find a RAM in the Asus QVL is supposed to be necessarily compatible. Update the Bios of the CM by going to load it on the Asus site. It is almost imperative with the very recent P67.

Corsair recently voted the best manufacturer of memory and power supplies, has unveiled new memory kits. After several months where the only "new" California manufacturer of DRAMs for the arrival of a new frequency on the record Dominator GT series, see what these "Vengeance" are new. The heatsink installed on the DDR3 modules far exceeds their circuit board. It is very flared and is highlighted by a Corsair logo in the center. The manufacturer offers a single frequency, 1600 MHz, but with two latencies 8-8-8-24 and 9-9-9-24. These modules are designed both for those platforms AMD hit the Intel logo. They require a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts and are offered in a kit of two, three or four units.