Thread: BSoD while using Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

BSoD while using Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

I have bought these two peripheral for my new computer for intention of building a smooth computer. After configuration unluckily I have got BSOD and it seems to me like a memory error. For this reason I have ran the memtest and it reports many errors. So I decreased ram to 1333 MHz and now it seems to me that there is no error and the system is running smoothly. Do you think that my RAM is faulty? Is there any compatibility issue with this motherboard? Please suggest me something.

Re: BSoD while using Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

I assume you're referring to DDR3 1600. In either model, a single bank is single channel and dual channel two banks. I think the black ones CAS 8, are therefore more expensive than the blue, both have a good performance as the benefits of CAS 8 on CAS 9 are negligible.

The memory runs at Dual Channel. Post, he always without problems and I've never had BSODs in the bucket in relation to memory (or any other BSOD whatsoever for that matter). The only thing this board seems to have problems with is that my Windows may not boot, which remains when it starts loading Windows suddenly completely suspended. Does not lie with the motherboard? Well I thought so too. Both Windows XP and Windows 7 have a problem. The motherboard is the problem with both the memory and the Corsair memory. I'm also pretty sure that the memory itself does not cause problems.

I now have a different motherboard, installed the Asus P8P67 3.1, EATX12 plug. The problem still exists. On the motherboard it may be not so. After a certain number of restarts, turn up at one of the GPU fan and the screen remains black. I am quiet both power supplies (550W Dark Power Pro 580W and CM8) tested in both the problem occurs. I have disconnected the power plug once a trial basis at the graphics card, then does exactly the case - the GPU fan to rotate fully. Even with a full load of the system (Prime95 and Furmark), the computer remains stable. I once plugged-up range, a current meter 530W.

I have same motherboard as you with bios 1503. Moreover, activated the SATA hotplug in all of the bios. I applied the fix LPM and configured so that the hard drives never be extinguished. The Intel version of the RST is 9.6.0.1014. Of course, I have the two vertex 3 in RAID 0 and firmware 2.02. For now I have something more than a week without BSOD. I'm with Windows 7 64 bits.

I also had an Asus board. When that cold that often did not start. RMA that I sent and the current value recovered. The system was not really heavy enough to identify problems with other hardware or what it would be to blame. The motherboard could have been the only problem. There was a PNY 9600GT video card with a 520 watt Cooler Master Power supply. There was a strip of 2 GB memory so that the problems really were not. I now have the board replace an S1156 motherboard and processor with associated memory and the rest just keep it and that gives no problems so it was really the motherboard.

I believe in solutions that you have already updated your firmware to 2.11 OCZ ... Here is the solution that I tested last week successfully for the time being:
    • Go to Control Panel then System and Security. Then click Modify the conditions of sleep the computer (in Power Options)
    • Increase the number of minutes before putting the computer to sleep (I have 5 hours). Then click Change advanced power settings.
    • You must then select Hard Drive, then stop the hard drive afterwards.
    • In settings you increase the time (I have 240 minutes).

The blue screen is almost always, if something is not right with the hardware! Times the RAM is defective, other times the GK, sometimes in fits eigenbau the processor is not ideal for board; sometimes there is something else entirely!

I think that the issue is about the It depends on the motherboard. The memories use IC's with very high density and by the manufacturer of the mainboard BIOS must be developed consistent to use four banks. I need to know: bios version of the card, including the exact model of the memories rev. And the entries in the advanced profile of memories in the mainboard to edit manually. We will try to manually change the timings in an attempt to stabilize your platform

Quote Originally Posted by Go!pee View Post
    I have bought these two peripheral for my new computer for intention of building a smooth computer. After configuration unluckily I have got BSOD and it seems to me like a memory error. For this reason I have ran the memtest and it reports many errors. So I decreased ram to 1333 MHz and now it seems to me that there is no error and the system is running smoothly. Do you think that my RAM is faulty? Is there any compatibility issue with this motherboard? Please suggest me something.
    Having issue with the same configuration - i haven't decreased ram speed (just with default settings). BSOD seems to be r/t memory (have swapped out just about everything else).