Thread: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 stopped working

Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 stopped working

Hi I have recently purchased a new machine for myself which has following configuration,

Motherboard: ASROCK 870 Extreme3
    processor: Phenom II x4 955 BE
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    GPU: Radeon HD 6850
    PSU: Corsair TX650W

But don’t know what could be the problem but I am not able to run the machine and after testing it I came to know that it is because of the RAM, what I shall do now!

Re: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 stopped working

See there could be so many problem that can causes such a problem, I mean to say it is not always possible that you are having problem with the RAM only.

According to me you should try to detach the RAM from the machine and clean it with the cloth and then attach it again and then see what happens. If suppose you are still having same problem then you should make use of another slot.

And if you got the RAM working on another slot then off course RAM is alright rather one of your slot has stopped working.

I am not sure about this but still I would say you should make sure whether the motherboard that you are using is compatible with the RAM you want to use.

You can see the compatibility of the RAM with motherboard from any utility, or simply you can visit the motherboard manufacturer’s website for the same. and if the RAM is not compatible then with no other option you must have to buy another one which is compatible.

you should try to check whether your RAM is detected at the BIOS or not because it might be possible that either BIOS is not able to recognize the hardware, thus first of all I would like to suggest you that you should make sure whether the RAM is listed in the BIOS or not. this will be displayed under standard CMOS features of your motherboard.

If suppose you didn’t got your RAM listed then you should try to update the BIOS version that you are using and still if you are having same problem, so it could be some hardware fault for sure.

See as far as Faulty RAM is concern you must have been getting one of the symptoms among the listed below.

• Computer not booting at all, beeping endlessly.

• Distorted graphics on the screen.

• BSOD during the installation of operating system.

• Crashes or Blue screens during normal operation of the system.

• Crashes during memory intensive tasks.

If you are having any such problem or any other problem so please mentioned over here so that we can assist you better.

I think you should try to test your RAM with Memtest and see what happens as from the test result you can figure out the exact problem with your machine.

I have done each and everything you have mentioned but still having same problem, and that’s why I am not able to figure out what shall I do next.

I am agree with the above user but still I would say before testing the memory through memtest there are certain test that you can carry out such as,
    1. Try to enabled XMP.

2. Make sure the voltage and verify timings is correct according to the RAM specification.

3. Try disabling legacy usb in the bios.

4. Load the BIOS with default settings.

See it might be possible that the motherboard that you are using have some fault, have you ever checked your RAM with another machines? Because see once I was also having same problem as when I found that my RAM is not working I went to service center and from there only I came to know that the RAM is working perfectly without any problem and they only suggested me to test other hardware’s and the only associated hardware that we have to check is the motherboard slot, and after such a huge effort I came to know that there were some problem with the slots.

And unfortunately I have to buy another board for myself, but here as well you can have option as you can simply contact your motherboard manufacturer for replacing the hardware.

I think getting a replacement for the hardware would be the best option. And It seems as you must have warranty remain for the product, so why to have another one when you have option to get the same again.