Thread: Is Dual-Channel RAM good to use it?

Is Dual-Channel RAM good to use it?

Hello friends, I was thinking to do the upgrading on my home computer by adding some extra RAM on to it, but I am not sure which to get or if I get Dual-Channel for the computer which would be value to use it. Well I have seen that in some of places that the Dual-Channel RAM can increase lot of the speed, if you go through the studies which the marginal shows that it is good to use but have some problem, is I want that can anyone give me some impending on this and also does anyone own a Dual-channel RAM? So please give me your suggestion and please tell me and give it to me. Thank you.

Re: Is Dual-Channel RAM good to use it?

As I have tried both types of the RAM and I have not seen that much of the difference in both of the RAMs. In person I think it is not value to buy it for the extra money on the RAM.

I have gone on some site and have check on the research which was been made on the basis of the using of the RAM and in that they have seen the users using the Single-Chanel RAM and the Dual-Chanel RAM. Essentially, their results explain that the Dual-Channel is faster as per the benchmark of the users, but not as you might expect to have. Well the differentiation between the two RAM may be larger depending on the particular hardware such which motherboard and CPU specifically you are using it and also what you use computer for, such that for work or for the personal usage. If you take my suggestion then you should go for it IF you have enough money to spend on the various RAM sticks of the same brand, if you are having enough money to spend then you go for the single channel RAM as it would not harm you a lot also. Hope the suggestion might help you to buy the RAM.

I will suggest you to go for the Dual-channel RAM as it is the best to use and also it good in the speed of the performance of the RAM as you compare with the Single channel RAM.

I want to share something with you; of you go back in the old-days when the Dual Channel was just launched and also it has made a HUGE improvement on the speed of the system. So if you check with the latest and the present memory speed has kind of the same leveled which is the out to a range that system is bottle-necked by other components may work before you think of the RAM to increase. So I think you have to think on that and you can decide the RAM to select and get the best and also you have to see whether you computer is taking less speed on the older RAM as you compared with the dual-channel RAM. So you have to see through it and make it to select the best and also the good speed for the computer. Hope the suggestion might help you to select the proper RAM.

Even I think that the dual-channel would be great if you want to use the computer at the better speed and also to work on it at the faster rate. So you can go for it and use it.

These days, you'd be hard-pushed to find any RAM that isn't dual-channel. 4GB (2x2GB dual channel) DDR3 RAM from Corsair (Generic brands are cheaper still) only costs £30 - so I really don't understand the issue.

brookeirvins Guest

smile Re: Is Dual-Channel RAM good to use it?

It depends on the processors speed. If the processor supports then you can definitely use dual channel RAM