Thread: HP Pavilion Slimline s3127c Motherboard failure

HP Pavilion Slimline s3127c Motherboard failure

I bought a new HP Pavilion Slimline s3127c desktop PC computer less than a year ago from Hewlett Packard. With the purchase of this computer, the customer is provided a one year warrantee for service and repairs. This particular model, as well as several other models produced by Hewlett Packard in this time frame, has an admitted problem with the computer’s motherboard. The flaw in the motherboard system results in complete computer failure. The user is unable to navigate through any programs on the computer and is also greeted by a blank computer screen. I immediately called the customer service department. After a minimum of an hour and an half phone call, the repair department agreed to fix this known motherboard problem if the computer was shipped to them. The computer was shipped immediately for repair, but much to my chagrin the “repaired computer” still has the same PC motherboard failure. I called the service department again, this time with the hope that they would replace the PC with a system that functions properly. I was informed my only option would be to send the computer back for repair. I told the customer complaint department that I was concerned about this being a reoccurring problem long after the one year warrantee expires. I was told that they would extend the warrantee because of this flaw, but the customer service agent refused to send me a copy of my “newly extended warrantee”, stating that it was an “internal document”. Hewlett Packard has refused to replace the item with a working PC, leaving me to ship the product back and forth for repair. I would like Hewlett Packard to replace my PC with one that does not have this motherboard flaw, or provide me with written documentation of my newly extended warrantee. I feel the company is taking advantage of hardworking individuals by selling a product that does not work, then pretending to attempt to fix the product until their warrantee expires.

Re: HP Pavilion Slimline s3127c Motherboard failure

I dont know whether its a default problem with the HP Pavilion Slimline s3127c Motherboard but have you tried running some memory test on this desktop computer of yours. Try to run the PC with one stick of RAM at a time and check for problem. If problem persists, then the RAM is probably okay. Also check if the pc is not getting to much hot, with some temperature monitoring software and apply thermal paste if needed.