Thread: No boot after adding up 2x 4GB ram on my system

No boot after adding up 2x 4GB ram on my system

I had purchased some new ram sticks from an online shop. Those were delivered fine. But when I connected both of them to my system, it failed to boot-up. On restart I am getting continuous beep error. Does those ram sticks are corrupted. I had not way to check this out. I tried changing the position and tried back but the same issue. Some time I can see the bios screen but suddenly the pc restarts. Then I used the single ram stick on my system and it started. At the time of installing Windows the system crashed giving a blue screen. I am not much aware about this stuff. How to fix this out. I had purchased 2 sticks of 4 GB ram stick. What should I know do here to fix this out. I do not want to go for an replacement, as I have to fix the system as soon as possible. Replacement of the same will surely consume more time.

Re: No boot after adding up 2x 4GB ram on my system

Beep sound is for incompatible ram. This sound only appears if the ram is corrupted, or if the ram is not compatible with the motherboard, or if the ram are not placed properly. But you had already tried changing the place. I will at start will advice you to get a replacement for the same. As you had already purchased this. So it is under warranty, change it and get a new one. Find out the specification of your motherboard. Check the limitation of ram support on your motherboard. You can find that by going on the official website of your motherboard and reading the specification manual. In that manual you can find the maximum ram support. Buy ram as per the recommended standards only. Whenever you are buying more than 1 stick by same type. Difference among them can also cause the same issue.

For this you can run a bios update. New bios update are more stable. You can download those updates from the official website run it and then check back again.

Download and create a bootable disc of Memtest. Run this to find that your ram sticks are not damaged. Identify the type of memory used by your computer. The most appropriate source of information in this regard is the manual of the motherboard.

It is right that bios fix can make this properly. Do one thing test each ram alternatively on the system. One at each time. And if any of it works then that means one of the stick is either damaged or both ram are of not same standards.

Remove the ram sticks and for the time being use your old one. Get replacement for the same. There are many things you can tried but they are applicable only if you are having old rams. This are new sticks, and it is possible that many time on new purchase there are faulty products delivered to you. What more you can do is test the same in some other system. If still the same issue then there is nothing much you can do. You have to send those sticks back for replacement and wait till you get new product.

Unfortunately different brands of rams are not compatible with each other, especially the modules of more than 128 MB. There are modules that go perfectly on a plate and another and tear. If you can, choose Memory brand: Kingston, Samsung, Micron, HP, etc but neither can be considered a guarantee, the best, buy on the spot board and memory, making sure it is a trusted site. You can create a bootable USB drive with Memtest86 on it and test the ram.

Try to check the ram on another working system and if still fails then those ram are not proper and if they worked them it means the ram is incompatible with your motherboard. The maximum capacity of RAM that is supported by your motherboard, as to 4 GB of RAM on a motherboard that can accept only 2 GB stick. For an 8GB ram support the board must be more high end with latest bios fix. You must have gone through the specification properly before buying it.