Thread: Is 8GB RAM essential for modern gaming or 4GB RAM is enough?

Is 8GB RAM essential for modern gaming or 4GB RAM is enough?

I hope you all have read the title properly. Now in every minimum system requiremtn I check 4GB ram is the minimum requirement that I have seen. However with the modern games that has been coming up like crysis 2 it says that 4 GB ram is not enough at all and hence that has put me in severe confusion whether the ram will be sufficient or not? That’s what made me confused. So I am thinking of paying more and buyiong more 4GB of ram, that’s what I am saying here. I already have 4GB od ram and I am thinking of adding more 4GB of ram. so what do you all say guys should I go ahead with the same or should I change my decision about that, please do reply on the same I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Re: Is 8GB RAM essential for modern gaming or 4GB RAM is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Ket!ak View Post
    I hope you all have read the title properly. Now in every minimum system requiremtn I check 4GB ram is the minimum requirement that I have seen. However with the modern games that has been coming up like crysis 2 it says that 4 GB ram is not enough at all and hence that has put me in severe confusion whether the ram will be sufficient or not? That’s what made me confused. So I am thinking of paying more and buyiong more 4GB of ram, that’s what I am saying here. I already have 4GB od ram and I am thinking of adding more 4GB of ram. so what do you all say guys should I go ahead with the same or should I change my decision about that, please do reply on the same I am waiting for the solutions from you all.
    Yes if you are planning to go ahead with it then you should go ahead there is no proble at all with it. so that’s what I want to say here. before going on with the changing of the ram it is very much essential to check if you are having the same ram or not. That’s what it would be better to check since all the ram do not mix up well with everyone. That’s what I want to say here. I hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the same anything else that you want to ask then do let me know as soon as possible, that’s what I am saying here.

According to me 4GB is the norm as of now and I don’t think so there should be any up gradation done, that’s what I am saying here. so hope you did understand what I am saying here. so my opinion is not to go with the upgrading of the ram 4GB of ram is highly sufficient and we should not think of it further that’s what I feel.

Dude if you take an example of battlefield 3 which has the best graphics does not require more than 3GB of ram then why should we make unnecessary use of that 8gb ram. that’s what I feel. that will be of no use at all. 4GB issufficicent and it utilizes and makes use of every bit of memeory even for the hardcore gaming. So basically if you check the minimum system requirement of the game thrn you will get to know that the minimum system requirement for ram is 4GB and it is also In the most recommended list as well. So the question of changing ti does not arises at all. even I am suing 4GB ram and I am very much happy about it. so would you be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bansi_WADIA View Post
    Dude if you take an example of battlefield 3 which has the best graphics does not require more than 3GB of ram then why should we make unnecessary use of that 8gb ram. that’s what I feel. that will be of no use at all. 4GB issufficicent and it utilizes and makes use of every bit of memeory even for the hardcore gaming. So basically if you check the minimum system requirement of the game thrn you will get to know that the minimum system requirement for ram is 4GB and it is also In the most recommended list as well. So the question of changing ti does not arises at all. even I am suing 4GB ram and I am very much happy about it. so would you be as well.
    As per the new norm it is shifting to 8GB and not the old 4GB of ram. I hope you are understanding what I am saying here, that’s what I want to say here. as such the 8GB of ram is available for $55 you can get it from any of the online store. So hope that was enough for you.

See there is a very simple strategy that I do follow here and hence what I am saying is that if you talk about the memory then what I think is that more the memory the work will be faster as well that’s what I think and believe here I don’t know what do you all have thought of that but that’s my idea and I implement it as well and hence I have gone ahead and done with the upgradation work brought 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz kits for $50. After that I don’t find any reason to upgrade else. That’s what I am saying here. so hope you did understand what I am saying here. go with the upgradation as soon as possible it will be benefiting you. so go ahead dude and work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan.M View Post
    See there is a very simple strategy that I do follow here and hence what I am saying is that if you talk about the memory then what I think is that more the memory the work will be faster as well that’s what I think and believe here I don’t know what do you all have thought of that but that’s my idea and I implement it as well and hence I have gone ahead and done with the upgradation work brought 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz kits for $50. After that I don’t find any reason to upgrade else. That’s what I am saying here. so hope you did understand what I am saying here. go with the upgradation as soon as possible it will be benefiting you. so go ahead dude and work on it.
    According to me it all depends upon the bits of the game for a game if it si a 32 bit game then 4GB ram is sufficient and for the game which is 64bit for it 4GB ram is not enough and the games which comes under 64 bot are BF3, Crysis 2. So all depend upon the bit of which game is there if it is high then you will require more memory that’s a logical thing, I feel.

Yes he is absolutely correct I have seen that 32 bit of games make use of only 3.5GB of ram and not more then that so that’s what I am saying here. no need to go with the 8 GB of ram, so that’s my opion here.

Well that’s a lot of suggestions that has come up over here and that made me in two minds that’s what I am saying here, anyways I will better go with the 8 GB of ram why to take risks that’s what I feel .