Thread: Need some feedback on Sandy Bridge Performance

Need some feedback on Sandy Bridge Performance

Sandy Bridge is really hiked by intel as one of the finest and high performance system. This time I planned to buy that. Before that, I helped one of my colleague to buy a similar system. It was a sandybridge system. The system was costly but told that can give better performance. I did not notice much in that. I want to know performance feedback on this processor. How it works, what are the bugs on the same, because I also heard that there is some kind of issue related to the cpu. It is worth to buy or should I go with traditional Intel Core i3.

Re: Need some feedback on Sandy Bridge Performance

I am sure that there is some kind of problem with this processor. On my system I want to overclock my processor. I have a Intel i7 (Sandy Bridge) cpu and an H67 Asus board. Right-now I am not concerned with the graphic quality. But for processing I overclocked the same on which the system just crash within some seconds. I do not know that others are facing this issue or not, but on overclocking this is a bit unstable. This can also be due to my motherboard limitations. What more I can do here. Till yet there are many review which are stating good for this cpu. But as intel says some kind of entirely new architecture, they must be give some better than this. I will try back the same again after sometime by running OCCT first and then overclocking it.

There was a similar news which states that a number of Sandy Bridge processors are faulty. You must contact Intel for the same and get a replacement.

That was a long time ago. At that time, there was some kind of manufacturing fault, because of which Intel asked for the faulty pieces and in that place provide a replacement. There was a hug in the chipset which was found lately. This bug was related to an block of Sata 2 interface. Because of this only 2 sata interface were working. Mostly the issue lies with branded desktop and laptops. Those who new this bug got a replacement for the same. This was sorted a long time before and you does not need to check for the same. Sandy Bridge is an new architecture which is designed to give you much better performance. The cpu's you buy today are more stable and better in performance.

Till yet what I know that many does not know the full performance of this processor. But still some better benchmark can give more highlights.

Sandy Bridge is here to add more performance and stability especially when the overclocking phase is developing fast. We face major issue due to heat only because of which systems broke fast. Nehalem is also quick enough to deal with the same by Sandy Bridge is somewhat better. I noticed that an appropriate board with Intel Sandy Bridge cpu is capable of running graphics that can be run on Radeon 5450 board. So that is a bit impressive here. The performance of this processors are fine enough and there is no need to worry on the stability. Anyhow if you follow the warranty policies, your cpu lies under 3 year warranty. So just get a quick replacement.

I will recommend to go with Intel Desktop board for the same. Like DH55TC for Intel Core i3. They are better and reliable.

You cannot say that only cpu is responsible for system performance. Recently there was case where a user brought his desktop and said that the game lags in between. I checked stuff and found that his psu was low. I upgraded that o 750w and it worked like charm. While on the other hand Intel Core i3/i5/i7 are made to work on minimum power consumption. They work nicer and better without any much resource. Anyhow if you have a graphic card get a better power supply. And then run any benchmark tool to get an optimum output on the same.