Thread: Intel Xeon vs. Intel core i7

Intel Xeon vs. Intel core i7

Hi, I am planning to have processor for my machine but the thing is like I am confused between the two as I have mentioned, because almost each and everything is common in both of them. so which one would be better to have ? what are the feature of both the processors and which are the dissimilarities?

Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: Intel Xeon vs. Intel core i7

See you are right actually as they both are feature specific, I mean to say some of the feature that you’ll have from Xeon that you’ll have from the Intel I7 and vice versa.

Thus according to me you should have the one according to the motherboard you are about to use, because it is quite important to have perfect rather compatible hardware for the computer otherwiser it is next to worthless.

Well, i7 2600k has a graphics core, while in some of the Xeon processor has this facility and some of them don’t have thus you can say that it’s a limitation. Xeon supports ECC thus it requires cougar point chipset.

Intel i7 2600k supports VT but not VT-d where as Xeon supports both of them. but still as far as usage are concern you seems as casual person not professional thus you should have any from the Intel core only. rather if you would be any professional then I would suggest Xeon E3-1270.

there are too many processor with different series from the Xeon only, thus its quite difficult to suggest you thus, according to me you should try to go through the link I am mentioning below, you’ll get proper information about all of them.

http://www.intel.com/support/process.../cs-007756.htm

Actually I was also about to take Intel I7 only, and the reason was the price, anyways thanks for the prompt replies you have made.