Thread: No video output on ASRock Z68 Extreme4 VGA

No video output on ASRock Z68 Extreme4 VGA

I don't have much knowledge on this troubleshooting tips, but surely some help I can get here. My system has SRock Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard. I have a Samsung Syncmaster B1930 22" monitor. But I cannot see the proper output. Sometime there is no display.

Re: No video output on ASRock Z68 Extreme4 VGA

Check the connection properly. If there is no display then there are two possibilities that can be fixed. First is by changing the cable of the monitor and second by modifying the settings of bios. In bios check that the options for video output is set on vga. Sometime there are number of more options and when that is not configured properly the display does not appear on the screen. You can also use Load default settings in the bios to make it work. Second thing you can do is change the cable of cabinet and check back. The cable sometime is not proper. Check the pins of your vga connector and see that the pins are not broken. You might need to change the same. If still there is no display you will need to see that the monitor is working on other system or not. If not there is an hardware issue in the monitor.

This issue occur to me when set the resolution of screen out of limit. So there just a blank display. I restarted the pc in safe mode and removed the video drive. On reboot the system showed up screen and the drive is installed from motherboard disc.

Does the display goes continuously. And if you had connected your monitor on a graphic card, just remove and connect it on the regular vga support. And reboot. If the display appears then it means your gpu is gone bad. It will not work. You can try updating the bios to check if it is working or not. But that is latter part. You must properly check that the cables and resolution is as per the screen size. If there is no graphic card in your system then there is an process you can try. But it is an bit tougher. You will need to arrange a graphic card. Connect the same to the motherboard and connect the pc. Check that display appears. If yes then that means either the vga port on your motherboard is damaged or there is some issues with the monitor port itself. You have to finalize first what is the exact issue. And if the monitor is new do not repair it with your own hand. Give it to some authorized repair center to ensure the working. In the same way do for the motherboard also.

This is always an issue. Why don't this motherboard companies provide two display port on the motherboard. Incase one fails then we can use other one or best it support dual monitor from the board itself.

Change the cable it will work. Some things you can try to see is, check that wrong connection or resolution is not chosen. Cable can be broken somewhere in between which has caused this issues. If at least you can see the BIOS screen that's located mostly at the wrong resolution on Windows. In case of graphic card, check that it is placed on the proper port and fitted firmly. Loose connections can also result in the same issue. For an layman it is hard to diagnose the problem of an damaged monitor. What more you can do is just remove and add the connections. And one thing that I also want to tell you before checking all stuff, see the power supply. Check that the power cord is proper and you can see lights on your monitor. Many monitor gives indication message on the screen regarding connection. Verify the same and then check.

It is the cable which goes straight from the monitor to the graphics card. Try replacing it with another wire. Do you hear any kind of beep on boot. One beep is an indication of proper boot and if there are more search for faulty hardware.