Thread: Blue screen on Asrock Z68 extreme 4 while playing game

Blue screen on Asrock Z68 extreme 4 while playing game

My system crashed due to blue screen. The error message was Stop 0x00000101 "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval". What does the error message refers to how. The system is fine with proper ram and other support. I also added a good cooling so that it work smoothly while playing games. But suddenly it freezes and when I press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to stop the current process the system crashed. I noted down the screen error to find out what can be the issue behind this. I run some Windows update on reboot. This might fix plenty of bugs but it took long to time to download and run updates. Again second the same thing appear and the system crashed. My motherboard is Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 and the processor which I am using is Intel Core 2 Duo. Then I installed a cpu monitor tool and check the cpu temperature which looks a little higher than normal. But that cannot be the issues. I removed the game, thought that it was due to it. But the same appear while watching a movie also. That is really not an proper performance and I have a doubt that there can be some kind of hardware fault. Can anyone analyze the error and tell why the blue screen appears. Thanks.

Re: Blue screen on Asrock Z68 extreme 4 while playing game

Do you overclock your system. This board has an utility that is capable of increasing the system overclocking settings. An example I can give is of Turbo. It boost your cpu performance to give extra output. I prefer not to use such things. They degrade your systems life.

Some tips I can provide you here to fix the blue screen issue. This worked with me, on testing a clients system. Change the Sata port from your motherboard. If possible try to put a new cable. You can fix the blue screen issue by increasing the vcore voltage. This works most of the time.

If the problem is not fixed by many efforts carry the board to service center. Blue screen is an major cause and it can be due to some improper hardware on your board. A loose connection or outdated bios can also result this. Check on your board that some thing is not damaged. Get a replacement for that if needed.

I face a similar one on my Lenovo laptop. I tried a lot search for the proper solution and every time Windows update does not work. They just keep adding more and more files to your system and overloading your operating system. Is there any hardware attached to your system which is not compatible. Boot in safe mode and remove unnecessary software's. Disconnect any printer, or extra hardware connected to the system. In my case I removed the option of power management and bsod stopped appearing. I don't know how that worked, but it worked. In your system check your ram. There is a tool called Memtest. Run this tool to verify the ram status. This tool can be run from UBCD. It is an bootable disk with number for diagnostic tools. Run memtest and if there are many errors you can try changing ram slots or even cleaning the edges of Ram can work.

I am sure that this is due to incompatible hardware. Remove your gpu and connect the monitor directly on motherboard display port and then check back.

When accidentally there is an some kind of issue with the processor the system shutdowns or crash to avoid any major issue. Try formatting your system and installing everything back again. This might give you some help.

The STOP error 0x101 can be related to your gpu. It really looks less related to your cpu. So if you have graphic card then there are two things you can do. Either change the gpu slow or update your systems firmware. Do not perform overclocking on your system. Sometime due to low power supply support or incompatibility between the hardware on the motherboard causes blue screen. If you find the incompatibility between system hardware's then better you will need a replacement. I can also say that your cpu is overheating. Download and install OCCT. This is an overclocking checking tool. Run this tool to check the status of your system. If the results are negative then it means your system is not stable for overclocking. Disable all those performance boosting service from the bios itself. Run driver updates and check back.