Thread: Windows 7 64-bit uses 10 GB instead of 12GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit uses 10 GB instead of 12GB RAM

My window 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 4 gigs of RAM runs perfect without giving any problem. just for information when I try to check the size of the RAM on the system, then I found that it uses an 10 GB of RAM Instated of the 12 GB RAM. The system configuration is to be Intel i7 920 2,66Ghz Processor, Kingston HyperX Triple Channel 1600 MHz, Ram, and the GigaByte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard. Thanks for any kind of help for solving this problem.

Re: Windows 7 64-bit uses 10 GB instead of 12GB RAM

For the correct cheching about this issue, You need to go ot the the BIOS of the system. Then go to that bIOS and enter into the CMOS setting. This will be help to you for checking the real size of the RAM which is present on this system. The proper way is to be do this task and it really help to check the system RAM.

If the system BIOS configuration shows the similar kind of the size, then you need to realize the basic meaning behind this problem. in that windows 7 system, sometimes the OS of the system will be take lot of space because of the multiprocessing. The other view is to be it also load all the unnecessary files and software onto this system RAM. In result, there will be unnecessary memory space arrives on this RAM module. We all know that most of the background process of the system will be present on the system RAM that will be provide the environment to play the high configurations games and the related things onto it.

The other things here are to be as the we check the real RAM size on the safe mode. Yes, safe mode of the system will be load only the important data on that RAM. This will be solving your problem.

If you think that there is something serious happen on this system, the basic thing is to be use an RAM reinstallation task on it. This RAM reinstallation could be help to solve this problem. Then try to do this takes onto your system. The proper way to do this task is being present on the manual of the system. Use it and perform this ram reinstallation task.

The same problem I have faced in my windows 7 system. I'm also completely clueless about what's causing the problem. Then I perform this RAM reinstallation task on my system. This makes an effort and in response this will be solve my problem. It really working and it will be solving such kind of problem.

I had the same problem, which is apparently common with the P6T. Then I decided to perform an BIOS update task on it and I do this task. In response this will be works. At the end it solves my problem. I think you also try this on system and see what happen on it. The online bios update strategy will also help to you for solving such kind of problem.

There is an proper process available on it. In that you need to first type msconfig.exe into the run window. Then in that the System Configuration dialog box, hit the maximum memory usage option. This option present on the Advanced Options menu. Use such options and it will be really effective to you for solving such kind of problem. try this and locate the real performance of this RAM on the windows 7 system. Try this and it would be help to you for solving such kind of problem.