Thread: BSOD with ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard

BSOD with ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard

Hi, I have started getting BSOD while starting the machine, but not getting what could be the problem as I know all the hardware’s are perfectly installed in the machine and off course they are working perfectly. Do software also make such a problem with the machine?

See my PC’s configuration:

Motherboard: Z68 Extreme4
    processor: 2600K @ 3.40GHz
    Memory: 16gb(4x4)A-Data DDR3 2000G 2OZ (ADATA XPG™ Gaming v2.0 Series)
    graphic card: Palit GTX460 2gb
    HD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB(main OS), VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS using Intel SRT (Vertex 60GB)
    power supply: OCZGXS700

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: BSOD with ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard

let me tell you first thing as software also causes such a problem with the machine thus you should take care of them as well. And have you ever start the machine perfectly, or from the day you have installed this hardware you have started getting this problem? because see if you are having the problem since you have installed all the hardware that means there might be some problem with the hardware, or else we carry on with software.

Make sure that the overclocking hardware’s are working perfectly, I mean to say make sure they are working steadily if you have any, because they are also one of the factor that can cause such a problem with the machine.

make sure all the hardware’s are perfectly installed in the machine as you should check whether all the hardware’s are perfectly connected, because the same problem I was having with the monitor and at that time I was not aware about the settings that we have to made while connecting them.

Are you guys using the 2600k processor IGP in I-mode or D-mode? You can switch the mode and see the results on them

D-mode = monitor plugged into your discrete GPU
    I-mode = monitor plugged into IGP

try to boot the machine with the primary hard disk, I mean to say you should try to run the machine with the necessary parts only, you should try to remove all the unnecessary parts from the machine, and in this case SSD are the main reasons causing this problems.

Lots of BSOD/ freezing problems are with OCZ gen 3 drives, OCZ have lastly released a software update (2.09) less than a week ago that fixes the issues, although with a minor performance hit. Bottom line is like after flashing the drive OS reinstall is highly recommended.

When it comes to operating system you should make sure that the OS that you have installed is perfectly ok, or else simply if you are willing to reinstall it then you can carry on for sure.

See there are too many settings associated with the BIOS that almost causes such a problem, as you must have to set those values first perfectly.

Values such as adjust IGP, CPU voltages, fan speed etc. and while it comes to overclocking machine this are the common factors that causes such a problem.

You can refer the manual given to you for further settings regarding the settings, or simply use the default one recommended by the system itself.

If you still having the same issues please do try an substitute SATA cable, because I have found too many times as some cables are just not up to Sata3 drives thus you should try to utilize devoted sata3 cables if possible. And off course as the above user mentioned you should flashed the drive to at least 2.06 to update to 2.09 which is actually vital and this is recommended highly when it comes to BSOD.

there are certain quick steps that you can follow.

1. Increasing the IGPU voltage to +50ma

2. Changed the ram voltage to what's printed on the ram specification or simply make it to its default.

3. Reinstalling operating system and all the necessary drivers for the associated hardware’s.

4. Move the ram to a different slot

5. Replace processor

6. Updating from 1.20 Uefi to 1.40 and to 1.50

I have done that and it was just because of the BIOS that I came to know later but thanks anyways for the immediate replies you have given.