Thread: Wake Up by RTC won’t work on MSI E350IA-E45 Fusion Motherboard

Wake Up by RTC won’t work on MSI E350IA-E45 Fusion Motherboard

Hello, I am the owner of the MSI E350IA-E45 AMD Fusion Motherboard. I am using it with Windows Home Server 2011 to build the storage central. But I want my server to wake up by RTC at certain scenarios. The two scenarios where I want my home server to wake up are:
    * When the server gets a magic packet from the client when he comes online
    * The task scheduler has task for server to wake up for backup

But I cannot get to setup a configuration where both the events are working together. How can I get both of them to work together?

re: Wake Up by RTC won’t work on MSI E350IA-E45 Fusion Motherboard

The first condition of your server coming online can be done by Wake on Lan (WOL). It is an Ethernet computer networking standard that wakes up a computer server by a network message. It is done by magic pocket. There are softwares installed on the PC to send the message to server and you can configure the BIOS to receive these packets. To configure where both these WOL and task scheduler are working together Set EuP 2013 to disable mode and add a Wake Up Event to the OS. Btw is the client on a local lan or over the Internet? As most routers over the Internet block Magic-packets.

I tried that already, but in this configuration the computer isn´t listening to LAN interface so that it can wake up. I have only installed WHS 2011 on Windows 7. Is there a problem with the OS? Infact I tried everything on the OS (network adapter property) to get the WOL working, but it is not working along with the task scheduler. Then I tried enabling Eup 2013 and now WoL is working but now task scheduler won’t work. Is it some kind of bug? Why is Lan interface not working when it is disabled? It is a directive for low power consumption so it should be working during disable mode like you said. Then why is it working when feature is enabled. Is it a bug with my BIOS? It is working on local LAN and both PC’s are on the same switch. I updated the BIOS to 1.2 and its still the same problem.

Have you contacted AMD about it? I think when EuP is deactivated in bios the scheduled tasks wake up the computer. This is a bug in the BIOS. I have contacted them and I think they are going to resolve the issue when they release the bios update of version v1.4. So just wait for that.

No, they have not resolved the issue yet. I have the v1.5 installed and I also have the same problem. The task scheduler works if EuP is disabled and wake actions are set to [OS]. WOL however does not work under this configuration. However WOL works in my system if I toggle the BIOS wake section to BIOS and EuP to enable mode.
    But I have another board from Sapphire, the Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350 which is based on the AMD platform. It also has the same BIOS. But on this board the two events work perfectly. So, maybe you will need to change the board as I think the motherboard you have may have some config issues with the AMD you are using.