Thread: Cannot install RAM in MSI MS-7388 (K9A2-CF)

Cannot install RAM in MSI MS-7388 (K9A2-CF)

Friends, I am having the MSI MS-7388 (K9A2-CF) motherboard and I am thinking for maxing it out but problem is that I am not able to install the RAM in that. Below is my current specification:

K9A2 CF MS-7388 motherboard version 1.0
    Bios: American megatrends v1.8
    processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 4400+
    memory: PNY 4GB RAM

My computer is running well but it is a bit slow because the motherboard have 8GB total, I determined to get two additional 2GB sticks. I shut down, place them in and start up. There is no screen but it gives three beeps over and over. I thought that upgrading the RAM can solve this problem. Can you tell me some way by which I can make the motherboard to recognize the RAM slot? If anyone of you over here has any suggestion then please let me know that.

Re: Cannot install RAM in MSI MS-7388 (K9A2-CF)

I think that the additional memory that you are using is different than the one that already exists in the system and to make that functional, it is very essential that additional RAM modules must be identical to the existing RAM module. Other than this, you must also see that what is the existing version of the BIOS that you are having in your computer? It might be time to update the BIOS to the latest version of the BIOS. I hope that this will be helpful to you to solve the problem for you.

There should be something in the BIOS at the memory configuration parameters. So you must check for that as well.

There might be some problem with the memory slots otherwise the CPU required to be reset. So you will have to make sure that the sticks are inserted correctly. Many of the times when you put in the stick to the board then it may bends a bit, as such other sticks can misplace contact. So try with the one stick first and see that is that is working or not and then insert the additional modules as well.

Below is the MSI MS-7388 (K9A2 CF-F) RAM configuration and hope that this will be helpful to you a\in any manner.

The MSI MS-7388 (K9A2 CF-F) memory can be expanded to a maximum of 8GB of RAM. For a maximum memory expansion slots are available to the device 4 (-space) available.

Dual Channel
    • In a pair wise equal installation the speed of the memory are optimized discretely. The pre-configured intended for dual-channel mode memory slots are color coded.
    • 32-bit operating systems, memory limitations
    • For computers which are prepared by 4GB of RAM memory and extra populated do not routinely have the complete range of memory intended for operating system and applications. The greatest amount of memory within 32bit operating systems is around 3.3 GB and varies depending on the configuration. Only when 64BIT systems your greatest memory as of a size of 4GB and completely utilized.

Compatibility
    • The memory comply with the quality - and system requirements of the MSI MS-7388 (K9A2 CF-F) and can be used together with the original modules. With additional RAM (memory) your system uses is faster and more powerful.
    • For MSI MS-7388 (K9A2 CF-F) - Motherboard Mainboard we recommend a maximum of 8GB of RAM memory upgrades.
    • A memory upgrade is recommended if you access with multiple memory-intensive applications, like image editing software to work.

I would like to tell you that each slot can be upgraded with DDR2 PC2-8500, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB maximum memory. The better performance is obtained at a same memory modules installed in pairs.

Your system only supports memory modules of RAM. If you think you have found a memory for a lower price elsewhere, then it is possible that the cheaper memory will not work.

The most important thing to be considered while installing any additional RAM in your computer is to make sure that the the additional RAM module that you are using is of the same type as the existing one and if they are different in any aspect then it is not going to work properly.