Thread: Do ASrock Z68 Extreme4 have problems with their memory slots?

Do ASrock Z68 Extreme4 have problems with their memory slots?

Hello all, I'm planning of purchasing motherboard ASrock Z68 Extreme4.Bbut I have heard about them that they mostly have the problem with their memory slots. Is it true they all have problems with their memory slots? Do these boards have any other problems?

Re: Do ASrock Z68 Extreme4 have problems with their memory slots?

The same question is from my side because I am also planning to buy the same model can anyone tell me are their memory slots problematic I am also not sure if they are worth purchasing can anyone guide me here. My question is from the persons who have used it.

I have disabled the Fast USB although I am not sure that if it was a problem existing with Usb ports after I was not having any problem. I am in love with HWMonitor for monitoring Voltages (But Asrock is working fine there and individual Core temps ASrock utility is not providing HWMonitor - garbage on voltages and central processing unit temps, Fan speeds Garbage (ASrock, OK). It was seemingly ok. For individual core temps, but the refresh min/max could not work out.

The Problem I am having is, I am not able to boot at all I also cant post, Dr Debug error code 45-which I found missing from the manual. Unless I leave 1 x 4gb of ram ONLY in the ram-slot B2the white one which is the closest to the board edge. NO OTHER grouping of ram positioning was working anyone one piece of the two pieces of ram in any other slot, or 2 pieces in dual channel mode anybody else having the same issue? Now I have started to think that it’s the problem associated with Board rather than the RAM.

I have just brought the board back to the shop and got it returned with a new one Slots #1 and #2 are faulty it appears that this is quite common in ASrock boards. It does often happen on the p67 extreme4 too. So I think this is probably not a good idea.

I am using my second ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 and the same problem I am having again. When I called them they told me to return it after having some time spent debugging with them on the phone line. And I am depressed to see that the second mother board is having the same problem. Problem: In the UDFI Bios I am not able to manually change the numeric value. Example, When I will try to change the multiplier it will only accept the number 5 or sometimes 16. If I enter number 1 then then automatically the number appearing is 5. All pull down menus are working fine. Example when I enter in a user profile to the letters will appear in the specified manner. If I enter a number the sift value corresponding to the number will appear for example @ for 2. System is booting fine in windows 7 but the thing I need is BIOS control.

With the xFast USB Utility, I've practiced really slow rate while I am copying the files of larger sizes. I've also observed a lockup. I just uninstalled xFast and was having no problem. Hopefully it'll be set soon. I observed that the chipset heat sink on MB will be getting too hot to touch when running complex programs. I came across with reboots while running Memtest86+. I installed a 120mm quiet fan (46cfm) to blow on the chipset heat sink and and wasn’t having any problem ever since.

I have been using it since a long time but I hadn’t had any problem. I think that these are just the rumors and you should go for it.

If none of us are having any problem this does not mean that there are none. I've seen a couple of instances that indicates there is ample space for memory problem. BUT, I have a reaction that they may be user induced that is probably ESD damage to Memory/Motherboard on checking for memory. I for all time test my memory using Memtest from a boot CD. I do this at whatever time I make any change influencing the memory and prior to loading/installing an operating system. Once I've loaded the operating system mine is windows 7. I always use prime 95. I find prime 95 identifies memerror sooner and more dependably.

Today I will having a look at ASRock flagship Z68 motherboard, the Z68 Extreme4. Prior to the Z68 chipset release on May 11th, one had to decide between using the iGPU on the Sandybridge-based chips (H67 chipset) or over clocking and not using the iGPU (P67 chipset). Z68 chipsets, this motherboard included, have also additional some new features such as Intel Smart Response Technology which helps mechanical hard drives perform much quicker by using a part of an SSD as its cache, as well as Lucidvirtu technology which animatedly assigns tasks to the best available graphics resource based

I already have Win7 ultimate 64bit installed a few days ago when I got and built the computer. I have the ssd installed on the sata3_0 and the 500g HDD installed on the sata3_1 port. The white one second row closest to the sata2 blue ports. When I enter to the setup utility and under the SATA mode, I enable raid and then try booting then it keeps on navigating to the bios mode. Its only when I put SATA mode back to IDE that I will be able to be booting into the windows again. When I went for the Intel Rapid storage space Drivers from within windows it has loaded the setup then telling me that the system is not having the minimum requirements for installing the software.

The ASRock board is better I think that doesn't need explanation. I'm not sure about your onboard network question. Expectantly somebody else respond this one. P67 is In fact less buggy since it was recalled and come back as the B3 stepping. It's gone throughout a lot more trying and if you check the producer forums you'll observe quite a few funky problems with Z68 that has not been sorted out yet. The superiority of ASRock boards is as high-quality as any other top brand. It will simply last more than 2 years

Thanks Guys I just had solved my problem.!