Thread: memory and configuration problem with Asrock P67 Extremes6.

memory and configuration problem with Asrock P67 Extremes6.

I Just have purchased, with pretty enthusiasm an Extreme6 MB, 2600K CPU, Video Card and 3, GX470 1G Western Digital Hard drives and 16Gigabyte RAM (generic DDR3-1333, NB, NECC). But the board is accepting only in single channel mode. All four sticks of ram are the precisely the same and when the memory is tried to be installed in DC mode , I have got Dr. debug and it was code 45 where I got stuck. I have attempted three versions of Mb code I bought dissimilar RAM that was on the suggested / test RAM list on ASROCK.com (this time it was Kingston) KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX, two kits. And the same problem was persisting This is my first high end machine and I regard as myself technically savvy, An RMA swap with another boar is pending; But I thought that I should make sure that there Is not anything that is pending. I switched to the CPU to 4.2 on Windows 7-64Bit. And the performance was just superb. But instead of 16GB I am working with 8 GB. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: memory and configuration problem with Asrock P67 Extremes6.

I think I have come across many times with this problem with 0x19 code and the one you mentioned right there . I guess Asrock will be acting together soon.

I have been using the P67 Extreme6 with 2x4GB + 2x2GB @ 1600 MHz @ 7-8-7-20-1T @ 1.65v and I hadn’t had any problem with testing and detecting the full 12 GigaByte. I came across a problem when I observed that one of the ram slots were not plugged in firmly but re-seating the ram solved the ironical issue for me. This difficulty typically is from bad ram, a bad ram slot or the memory that is not seated properly, or irregular or low power supply. I think RMA will be the best bet bearing in mind you have by now tried several RAM kits. I think I have just solved your problem If I did a treat from your side will be most welcome lol!

as someone have just mentioned this 0x19 problem I would like to ask here that I am having the same problem can anyone tell me that what kind of this problem is? Is it a kind of problem that needs to be sorted out with RMA slot?

Hello all I want to say here that I am having a similar issue that Wyl has just mentioned here. I had an Asrock Z68 Extreme4 I worked well for some weeks and a few days ago when i turned it was showing me an error code 19 on the led on the board itself. When I went through the manual this means "pre-memory south bridge initialization has started" I just had unplugged and reseated the whole thing even video card and memory and getting the same problem still (the memory is not there). In your opinion it’s the CPU or motherboard that’s not proper?

Have you tried the individual sticks on the memory front? also Have you tried resetting the CMOS??

yes I think I have tried all the troubleshooting. But its still Strange that it has appeared even if there is no RAM in it so I think it must be the mobo. Its awful as It is not more than a month since I had it.

The error code you are having should have told you that the step between 19 and whatsoever next was not successful to perform. Will it be OK to know to know what code would be next in the startup sequence, and why it's unsuccessful? Having a close look at that manual it s unsuccessful in somewhere step 0x19 and 0x1A, "pre-memory south bridge initialization" (on the chip set). I guess it Appears to be broken Then it most likely is requiring a BIOS reset.

Yeah I think I have cleared the CMOS and probably its the time for the check up of RAM.