Thread: help on Asrock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard fan control

help on Asrock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard fan control

Hello guys out there, I am looking for building a new very quiet system with making use of Z68 Extreme4 MB but I don’t have the enough idea that how it deals with its fan control. I cannot have enough of the information on the manual section the manual related to this. Settings For CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT_FAN1 in UEFI is seemingly fully on. AXTU seems to allow setting of target temperature and speed. So my question to the experienced people is:
    1. How the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT fan regulation is done in UFEI when set to automatic?
    2. How do the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT fan is controlled by the target temperature and speed settings in AXTU.
    3. How can we configure the CHA_FAN1 to CHA_FAN3 to change the speed proportional to the temperature of the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT?

Re: help on Asrock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard fan control

Well In this case I will say that it will be looking more or less the same. When you will be selecting the Automatic manner you will be setting Fan rate level and the threshold temp. Lower than this temperature the fan will be working on the pace to you which you have chosen it to be when. Temperature will be crossing the threshold value; CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT FAN will start to spinning up until max if it is desired by the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT.

Thanks for the reply I think you just have answered my 1st and 2nd query but may I ask what about the 3rd query?

You will see there, 6 fan headers on the extreme 6 p67, 1+2 central processing unit 1 and central processing unit 2 headers can be central processing unit temp controlled you can be putting it to on 65c, the utmost for me and fans will wait at the speed you set awaiting central processing unit crosses that temp. I use lvl5 which is about 1400-1500 revolution per minute on both fans. If 65c is exceeded they both spin up to 1800revolution per minute approx3. Chassis fan 1 can also be central processing unit temp controlled (needs a 4 pin fan to work). I use the unique fan from my central processing unit cooler as the front chassis fan. With the resistor that came with the fan momentum won’t exceed 1450 revolution per minute. I use level 3 fans setting in uefi which equates to approx 1250 revolution per minute. If central processing unit temps go beyond 65 c it turns up to 1450 revolution per minute approx and is audible. If I didn’t have the resistor connected it would go to 2000 revolution per minute and sound like a jet taking off. 4. Chassis fan 2 speeds can be set in bios or the similar as the others with axtu .It only has 4 speed levels so I don’t use it. It has no central processing unit or mother board temp related control (that I know of) 5.Chassis Chassis fan 3 header speed can be set as above (no temp related control as far as I know) I use level 6 which is approx 1450 revolution per minute for me. 6. Power fan header has no bios/axtu adjustment and just applies full power to your fan, i don’t use it. There is also the software utility fan speed, which is useful for monitoring, but it probably wouldn’t work on newer boards/bios for fan control.

thanks a lot this is exactly the same kind of answer I was expecting but in due course I am having one more question; when having the set temperature crossed, will the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT FAN and Chassis FAN 1 go to fully on straight away, or do they steadily ramp up with rising CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT warmth?

hello friends I am Just desiring to respond and say that I just put jointly the Z68 board with a 2600k in a Cooler Master HAF 922 case. This one is the most quit one I have ever used. The fan having the large diameter runs slow enough so that they will not be making any observable noise. It is having one at the front, the top and the back. I am having the system stock at this moment (which is having no over clocking) so it isn't worked that good but It is staying very, much cool. This is seemingly better case than the one I have used 1 year ago.

For the third case that you are asking well they will slope up slowly.

Thanks Friends for your replies I think you guys have solved my query right and I am just gonna put this system into work. Though I am not sure that I will be successful but I guess something having tried id better than something having left and I will put my issues if any I will face in working around it. Thanks!

Thank guys I have successfully resolved my problems! Thanks a ton for you invaluable suggestion!