Thread: BIOS setting for ASRock Motherboard

BIOS setting for ASRock Motherboard

As I am using ASRock motherboard for my system I don’t have the information about the BIOS of ASRock, what are the steps to enter the BIOS setup. Explain me this in brief how to upgrade my BIOS procedure.

re: BIOS setting for ASRock Motherboard

To check the BIOS version of System for ASRock press <F2> this turns the system to enter into the bios setting during boot up process. Large number represents the latest version of those bios. We require the flash memory writer FLASH.EXE if we want to update the BIOS, and also one important thing is that this utility works in DOS mode.

re: BIOS setting for ASRock Motherboard

In order to update your ASRock BIOS procedure one have to perform the following steps.
    • Step 1: First you have to create a bootable System Floppy Disk
    • Step 2: Now ASRock Updated BIOS File has to be download from any of the link provide by ASRock Mother Board in .zip format, after that we have to unzip that file and save ASRFLASH.EXE and BIOS File into the disk create in step 1
    • Step 3: Start booting from the disk created in step 2
    • Step 4: Type ASRFLASH at the A:\ prompt. Hit the space bar only once, and enter the BIOS file name after that press <Enter>. For example: A:\ASRFLASH K7S41GX2.00 <Enter> afterward you will see a message "Please wait for BIOS loading ROM".
    • Step 5: later than after 30 seconds, the message arrive that "Flash ROM Update Completed – Pass” that means that you have finished upgrading the BIOS.
    • Step 6: You have to remove the floppy disk after final upgrading the BIOS, now remove the floppy disk. Restart your system and press <F2> to enter the BIOS setup utility during boot up.
    • Step 7: Select "Load Default Settings" from Exit menu, and press <Enter> to continue.
    • Step 8: Now go to “Exit Saving Changes" and press <Enter> in order to exit from the BIOS setup utility.
    • Step 9: Finally, your system is booting up with new BIOS.