Thread: In Asus P8Z68-V PRO I need information on Unboxing

In Asus P8Z68-V PRO I need information on Unboxing

I just bought an Asus P8Z68-V PRO today and i wanted to share some un-boxing details and overlook of the motherboard,say a closer look of Asus P8Z68-V PRO mother board or first look of the Asus P8Z68-V PRO mother board. Additional information to this topic would be most welcomed

Re: In Asus P8Z68-V PRO I need information on Unboxing

The motherboard of ASUS P8Z68-V Pro is a mixed up of black and blue theme. It supports 32Gb of memory in a dual channel configuration providing a speed up to 2200MHz.

The motherboard corner has a couple of buttons and switches. Just above the mounting hole there is a button for the MemOK! feature. This MemOK! feature helps in solving memory compatibility features incase the system fails to boot. The pair of switches next to the mounting hole are for the TPU and EPU features. TPU is for "the Ultimate Turbo Processor" while the EPU is a realtime PC power saving chip.After turning the the board the upper right side of the board has a front panel USB 3.0 header with a 3 pin fan header and just above the pin fan header there are eight SATA ports. A pair of dark blue ports are SATA 6Gbps which are controlled by a Marvell PCIe SATA 6Gbps controller and the pair of white SATA ports come directly off of the Intel Z68 chipset, so as the 4 light blue SATA ports

The left side corner has a pin out opening for the front panel having a pair of 1394 black headers, followed by three USB 2.0 headers ending the edge and along the edge there are a number of IC's,the smallest above the front panel pin out is the ASUS TPU and to the left of it is the NUVOTON NCT6776F Super I/O controller. And Beyond the NUVOTON controller there is a VIA VT6308P 2 port IEEE 1394 controller.The final IC is the ASMEDIA ASM1083 PCI controller.And just beyond the USB 2.0 headers there are the onboard power and the reset buttons, with the pin outs for the front panel audio and SPDIF connectors and just to the left of the mounting hole there is a Realtek ALC892 (HD) High Definition audio Codec followed by a empty space and just beyond that empty space is the Intel WG82579V Gigabit Ethernet controller. There is an asmedia ASM1042 USB 3.0 controller chip,Just Sitting behind the input/output (i/o) panel is a couple of asmedia ASM1442 IC's. there are some features printed on the PCB like BT Go and DIGI+ VRM. It has a total number of eight USB ports,from which two of are USB 3.0 which controlled by the asmedia ASM1042 controller. The thing that separates the P8Z68-V Pro from the P67 series is the additional feature of the video out ports such as DVI,VGA, and a HDMI out