Thread: GIGABYTE X58A-OC is the world’s first overclocking motherboard

GIGABYTE X58A-OC is the world’s first overclocking motherboard

I have a computer at home. My computer is working absolutely fine. I have an intel E4400 cpu which contains windows 7 operating system. Actually I want to upgrade my motherboard. I haven’t made any hardware change since the day I bought it. I like to play games and hence I need to have a powerful motherboard. I have heard that GIGABYTE X58A-OC motherboard is the first and the latest overclocking motherboard launched in the world. Is this information true? I would like to know more about this motherboard. Any advice and suggestions regarding this motherboard would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: GIGABYTE X58A-OC is the world’s first overclocking motherboard

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. is the manufacturer who has launched this GIGABYTE X58A-OC motherboard. It is designed for extreme over lockers. This motherboard was actually launched on 1st march this year. This motherboard includes some unique overclocking technologies like PWM frequency switcher, it includes full range of onboard hardware OC buttons and onboard SATA power connectors for stable multiple graphics configurations. You can quickly and easily get the best performance by using this motherboard. There is a 4G Ready button onboard that allows novice overclockers to automatically reach 4GHz. It is easy to monitor the component voltages. There is OC-Cool heat pipe which maximizes system convection to expel hot air out through the IO panel and optimizes the passive cooling. OC-Cool LED lighting is on the North and South Bridges adds coolness to X58A-OC motherboards. For more information regarding this I think you should search on the internet.

GIGABYTE X58A-OC motherboard Is based on this Intel X58 chipset and it supports LGA 1366 socket CPUs such as Intel’s new top of the range Core™ i7 990X Extreme Edition CPU. GIGABYTE is now introducing five new main overclocking features on the X58A-OC which will help to push the performance of X58A-OC further including OC-VRM, OC-Touch, OC-PEG, OC-Cool and OC-DualBIOS™.

This motherboard is available in the market and has good reviews. The price of GIGABYTE X58A-OC motherboard is around 280 dollars.

I would like to mention the specifications of the motherboard. And they are as follows:
    1. CPU

• Support for an Intel® Core™ i7 series processor in the LGA1366 package
    • L3 cache varies with CPU
    2. QPI

• 4.8GT/s, 6.4GT/s
    3. Chipset

• North Bridge: Intel® X58 Express Chipset
    • South Bridge: Intel® ICH10R
    4. LAN

• 1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

5. Multi-Graphics Technology

• Support for 3-Way/2-Way NVIDIA SLI technology and 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way ATI CrossFireX™ technology
    6. Audio

• Realtek ALC889 codec
    • High Definition Audio
    • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    • To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
    • Support for S/PDIF Out

7. Memory

• Support for DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
    • Support for non-ECC memory modules
    • Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

This motherboard makes use of 8 SATA ports which may seem excessive for an overclockers motherboard. Well let me tell you that there are six SATA 3GB/s ports connected to the ICH10R Southbridge supporting RAID 0/1/5/10 configurations. This GIGABYTE motherboard has retained PS/2 connectivity for mouse and keyboards.

Search on google website to learn regarding this motherboard. You will get all specifications, price, features etc.

Well I would suggest you to first check the preview by going to the TweakTown. They have the preview of the board and they estimate the price to be 280.00 us dollars. You can search many websites on the google where you will find some real valuable information. I would like to wish you all the best and hope you get this motherboard.