Thread: Unable to boot 890GX Extreme 3 after installing ssd

Unable to boot 890GX Extreme 3 after installing ssd

Recently I have got my salary and so I had bought all components of computer in order to assemble. I have just finished assembling my new pc. In the morning I was using normal hard drive but now few hours back I have installed ssd. I have installed windows 7 operating system. It is a 64 bit. Everything was fine till I had not installed the ssd. After installing ssd my system rebooted many times and hangs on the Asrock logo screen. Debug-led says "78". I don’t know what this error message is all about. I am not a technical person. I have tried uninstalling the ssd but still the problem is persisting. I would like to know what I should do now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I have mentioned my system specifications below.
    • Asrock 890GX Extreme 3
    • AMD Phenom II X2 555
    • 4GB Kingston ValueRAM
    • 500GB Seagate HDD
    • 60GB OCZ Vertex 2
    • Antec Earthwatts 500W

Re: Unable to boot 890GX Extreme 3 after installing ssd

As you have mentioned about the error code and your issue, I would like to say that the error code 78 issues are actually caused by spy ware or virus bugs. So you need to have some antivirus solution to get the issue solved. Your system looks have been badly affected by the virus attack. You can download good antivirus solution from the internet. I would recommend you to have Norton antivirus as even I use Norton antivirus. It is said to be the best antivirus solution in the whole world. After downloading just install the antivirus into your pc and just run it and scan the system for any virus.

Please tell me what bios version are you having? I would suggest you to download the latest bios update. You need to update your motherboard with the latest bios. I assume doing this must resolve the issue of yours. I have faced this issue and somebody recommended me to do this and my problem too got resolved by doing this. Please reply after doing this so that I can assist you better with some other solution. I hope this works and all the best.

I had the same issue. I was told to update my motherboard with the latest bios but I have the latest bios installed already. I don’t know what to do now. I want to know some other fix that will solve my problem. I have BIOS version 2.50 installed.

I think the bios that you have installed needs some change in the settings. Try to enter bios page and change few settings. If you don’t have much idea related to this then I would recommend you to just set everything back to default. After changing just make sure that you save your setting and then save it. If you don’t know how to enter the bios then kindly let me know, I will tell you how to enter bios settings. You can also search the bios setting on the internet. Just try to google around on the internet. Type “how to enter bios settings”” in the google search bar. You will find many results just check the one that makes you feel that it is right one. Try it

I think you must check the bios setting once. To enter bios press F2 at the initial loading page. You will be allowed to enter the bios.
    So please enter your bios.
    • Go into the advanced category
    • Under SATA Operation Mode
    • Select AHCI

Save the bios and press esc button to exit bios.

I think you must Reset or Clear the CMOS (Bios) with the motherboard that you have. I would like you to follow these instructions given below:

• First try to turn off your system.
    • There you will find a Clear CMOS button on your motherboard. You need to Press that button.
    • After that try to turn on your system.
    • Check whether it starts up or no.
    If it doesn’t start up then kindly reply to me so that I can help you better.

Try to remove all the usb devices that are connected to your system. If it doesn’t help then just try to remove the ssd from your pc. Connect your other sata drive. After this clear your cmos. Hope it works.

I would suggest you to install the latest firmware to your system. Latest firmware must resolve this issue. So kindly get it downloaded from the internet. If you want to install the latest firmware then you can install it from the internet. Just search the firmware on the internet. You can also search the firmware on the google website. After downloading just get it installed and check whether it works. You can also download the newest firmware from OCZ Technology.

I think you should check each and every component that you have installed. Just disconnect and remove each component once and then try to connect it back. Make sure that there is no connection failure. Check whether cpu fan is working properly. You must check the cpu temperature. May be some overheating is causing the problem. You can download the temperature check software from the internet. Overheating could be the reason.