Thread: Upgrade guide for Acer Aspire 5315 CPU.

Upgrade guide for Acer Aspire 5315 CPU.

I am using Acer Aspire 5315 from the last few months and due to some reason now I want to upgrade its CPU. I have several reports Updates Core 2 Duo CPU working with many other models from different manufacturers. The main limiting factor will be the BIOS of your laptop and support for CPU upgrade.

Re: Upgrade guide for Acer Aspire 5315 CPU.

I upgraded my CPU to the T5450 or T7500 CPU socketpair So it should work fine. For me two users have reported to me on the success of your upgrade T7500. CPU GM965chipset work and support the 800Mhz FSB. So, big or go cheap is my advice, each has its pros and cons.

Steps are as:
    • unplug the cable, remove the battery and press the power button to drain residual power in the hands of capasitors.
    • Remove the 4 screws (one at a time) from the lower access panel (Panel big fun way circular fan hole).
    • screws removed a small screwdriver to help the awards panel, (it takes some force to remove the panel, just go slow and steady).
    • after removal panel, locate the FAN .. Remove the 3 screws on the fan, disconnect the power cord from the fan, then remove the fan.
    • Now unscrew the 4 screws above the CPU (with springs between the screw heads and the CPU cooler.
    • Now screws removed, lift the heatsink up the CPU and remove the heat sink assembly ... goes all the way to the fins that are on the back of the fan ...
    • with mounting the heatsink removed, you should see the CPU ... Shade is not a problem and it is not necessary to change ... We regret any confusion
    • turn the screw on the top of the CPU socket. should relieve pressure on the CPU, and now you should be able to lift the CPU scoket.
    • place the new CPU in the socket, than sitting FRIMLY no difference between the CPU and socket pin ... Then turn the screw back to lock the CPU in place ..
    • reassemble the remaining components in reverse order to reassemble

I have a CPU upgrade on the way and took my laptop apart to control and could have met a wall of gray! You seem to be the person who knows this - can you let me have the information, please? I'm new here and hope this is the correct method of contact. I set my account so you can receive emails from others, so I hope this works. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.