Thread: BIOS Mod request for Acer Aspire 4750G

BIOS Mod request for Acer Aspire 4750G

Hi all,
    I want to know that can some one help me unlock the Hidden/Advanced features in Phoenix BIOS SecureCore Tiano version 1.22. I am using Acer Aspire 4750G from the last week and now want to do the changes as mentioned above. For the Nvidia, I want to be able to Enable or Disable the Intel HD VGA Function. In this case, yes I don’t know the issues that I would encounter if I attempt to Enable or Disable the Intel HD VGA or the Nvidia GT 540M Function. But in this I would like to know someone who have used a modded BIOS from Kizwan for the 4743G and managed to get display even though either VGA is disabled. For that reason only I would like to try to use modded BIOS for my Acer Aspire 4750G.

Re: BIOS Mod request for Acer Aspire 4750G

Hey I think that there are lots of BIOS MOD request forums out there but before this most of them only specialize in SLIC modification. Here our job is to unlock hidden menu in the BIOS. But I have only some idea on your topic, sorry.

Before two years, I purchased an Acer Aspire 4750G for the daily use. It was a 17" laptop with Intel CPU (Intel C2D T5600). According to me T5600 processor has Intel Virtualization Technology. I think that there is no option to turn ON Virtualization in the BIOS, and even Acer doesn't provide BIOS update that support this feature. To prevent me from running 64 bit guest OS, My works involved VMware simulation. Let me tell you that my Acer Aspire 4750G is strong laptop for the heavy job. What ever it takes, I will enable Virtualization on this laptop.

At first let me suggest you that you need to locate "mov ecx,0x3a" in BIOSCOD6.ROM. To access this file, you should use Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro v2.2 to extract the ROM file. And also I will suggest you to download the BIOS for you laptop from Acer support website. When I was at this stag, I extract the files, after this I got a ROM file called MA2-124.ROM. Using Phoenix BIOS Editor, I open the ROM file. Once you are going to get the contents will be extracted in to this folder:-
    C:\Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\BIOS Editor\TEMP

Since the required file, BIOSCOD6.rom, is a binary file, I will need to disassemble it first. To do so, I copied BIOSCOD6.rom file to my MacBook. On MacBook, I use "binary file disassembler" utility called "ndisasm". This also can be done in Linux. This command will translate the BIOSCOD6.rom file to a readable file (ASCII text):
    Code:
    ndisasm -a -p intel -b 16 BIOSCOD6.rom > BIOSCOD6.dasm
    in this case I think that you will require file BIOSCOD6.rom, which is a binary file and I will need to disassemble it first. For doing so, you can also use the other laptop to copy the file BIOSCOD6.rom. on that other laptop you will need to use "binary file disassembler" utility called "ndisasm". Same thing you can also do in the Linux. Following is the command to translate the BIOSCOD6.rom file to a readable file (ASCII text):

I am doing as per your suggestion and using all the posts I gather the information that 3 possible address (bold) and only one I need to set the value to 0001. For this I need to dump "CMOS Symbolic" from NVRAM using SYMCMOS.EXE utility to further narrow down the possible address.

Hey, after completing my this work, my Acer Aspire 4750G is turned OFF as I can see it as a proper thing to do. After few minutes turned ON my laptop and by able to see the POST message, aand this also means the one thing that is work is done success fully. And for you the best is To test whether Virtualization is successfully turned ON or not, download & execute an utility called "SecurAble". And in this case if Virtualization is turned ON, "SecurAble" should report it.