Thread: Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG/5820TG share the same BIOS.

Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG/5820TG share the same BIOS.

There is a modded BIOS available for Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820/5820 (T/TZ/TG/TGZ). This thing I found on the internet. But here I want to know that this is true or false? BIOS image has not been tested. The team may BRICK. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK! That said, if the BIOS flash is wrong should still be possible to recover.

Re: Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG/5820TG share the same BIOS.

I have some information on the modded BIOS of Acer Aspire 4820/5820
    Acer Aspire 4820/5820 modded BIOS v1.23: by mask89
    - Added Integrated graphics option: (Integrated/Discrete/Switchable)
    - Unlocked hidden menus Advanced and Power
    - Added UEFI boot support. Now you can boot via EFI Shell.

Before starting with the steps The laptop should be off. Attach the thumbdrive into the USB port or insert the SD card into the card reader. BIOS should be in them. Hold down the Fn + Esc key while powering the notebook by pressing the power button. Hold down the Fn + Esc. When portable LED is flashing or activity on the LED warning device miniature version Fn + Esc. The BIOS file can be read from the USB drive into the notebook's memory and the flashing will begin. You will not see any activity. Screen remains blank. This is completely normal.

According to me Flashing process takes about two-three minutes. After flashing BIOS, the laptop automatically restarts. Wait at least 5 to 10 minutes. Just stop the process if no response from the laptop for more than 10 minutes. If that is the case, then close the notebook manually pressing the power button. Turn it on and see if the BIOS flash success. If not, try the flashing process again with another USB device and make sure you did all the steps correctly

No I have this laptop. Can you solve the problems of some people experiencing accelerator? No, that's a hardware problem with the i3. A paste any is probably your best bet. I will try this when I get the laptop later this week. BIOS is in English, or translated into Russian?

After flashing the BIOS modded in this topic once a second. I have it to install correctly. I have all the graphical settings (integrated, discrete, switchable), advanced options, power options, etc. I had to reinstall the Intel GMA HD graphics drivers when I switched to "integrated" in the BIOS. The choice of "integrated" in the BIOS gets the HD Intel GMA does not automatically change the graphics of Windows 7. Returning to "changeable" in the BIOS works fine too. The only flaw I've found so far is that sometimes the F2 key to enter the "Settings" the computer freezes. Turn off the computer with the power button and reboot solves the problem. Not a major problem as no one messes with the BIOS that often unless a facility must be changed.

I would like to ask you that Have you discovered some cool adjust the performance of functions in the menus unlocked? control voltage or things of that sort.

I have seen no voltage control settings, but no heat setting about controlling the fan speed increases as the temperature at 70C 65C 5C 75C, as, etc. There were numerous settings such as enable / disable HT, allowing for multiple cores activates the Max Battery mode or performance mode, etc. on the advanced CPU control. There are many options in the BIOS modded for me to understand at this time. It seems that each category has a subcategory, and each sub-category could be expanded with more options.

Thanks a lot for posting feedback , Just wanted to mention that many of the settings do not work. Fan-shaped, for example. It is controlled by the integrated controller and not the BIOS. So change the fan speed settings have no effect. You can try of course. Who knows

Let me suggest you that With this modded BIOS, we could update the LCD at a resolution higher? I read here to go to a high-resolution screen was not a simple exchange, but try modding the BIOS.