Thread: Cannot use SSD in RAID mode with Asrock Z68 Extreme

Cannot use SSD in RAID mode with Asrock Z68 Extreme

Hi guys I am using computer in which I have recently purchased crucial 64g Sata3 SSD and after that I have connected it with my computer. Now after connecting it with my computer and after that all the things were going properly. Now after that when I enable the RAID in SATA mode and after that when I try to start the computer at that time it keeps going in to the boot menu. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Cannot use SSD in RAID mode with Asrock Z68 Extreme

Well I have read you r post and after referring that I will first suggest you to try to solve this issue by disconnecting SSD from your computer and after disconnecting your computer you have to connect it properly with your computer and after that check whether you are having the same problem or not.

After trying above trick also if the same problem is coming then you have to do following steps.

To perform this steps you must have installed windows with AHCI or RAID mode on.

If you have done in this way them you have to first download and install the ACHI / RAID drivers in your system.

or

You can try to solve this issue by formatting the hard disk and after formatting the hard disk you have to turn on the RAID mode and then install the windows. Now after doing that your problem will get solved.

Well after reading your post I have tried to solve this issue by doing the above steps which you have mentioned and after doing that also I am still facing the same problem. now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by reconnecting my SSD but it doesn’t make any difference. now please tell me how to fix this issue.

I was having the similar problem with the RAID mode in my SSD and after that I have solved that issue. To fix this issue you have to first disconnect your SSD and you have to make sure that you have connected your HDD with SATA 3 port. Now after connecting your HDD with SATA 3 port you have to start the computer and after that you have to press the F32 or Del and then go to the BIOS setting and after that you have to select the advanced option. now after that you have to select the Storage Configuration option. now after that you have to select the SATA mode to RAID mode. now after doing that you have to install the operating system in SSD and after that you have to connect the SSD with SATA port. now after doing that you have to install Intel Rapid Storage Driver (10.5.0.1027) and then you have to restart the computer and after that you have to open Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Now after that you have to select the Accelerate option and then you have to select the enable Accelerate. You have to also make sure that Smart Storage Caching is enabled.

Well I have gone through your above replies and after reading that I have done exactly same steps which you have mentioned. Now after doing that when I have start computer at that time it worked fine. Thank you for helping me. I appreciate your help.