Thread: PCI-E is not working in Asrock Z68 Pro3

PCI-E is not working in Asrock Z68 Pro3

Hi friends I am using computer in which I have Asrock Z68 Pro3 motherboard and I have recently purchased Palit 9600 GSO graphic card. now after purchasing the graphic card when I connect it with my computer after that motherboard is not recognizing it. I have tried to search the solution but doesn’t get any help please tell me what should I do to solve this. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: PCI-E is not working in Asrock Z68 Pro3

I have gone through your issue and after reading that I would like to tell you that you should first make sure that you have connected your graphic card properly because sometime due to bad connection also this kind of problem can take place. first disconnect your graphic card and after that connect it again and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

I will first suggest you to first connect your Palit 9600 GSO graphic card with other PCI-E slot on your motherboard and after that check whether your motherboard is recognizing it or not. if after connecting your Palit 9600 GSO graphic card with other slot also if you are facing the same issue then you have to first check that whether all the setting in the BIOS is proper or not. Because some time when you add new hardware in the computer at that time BIOS cannot recognize it because of that wrong setting and that is why you have to make that BIOS setting is proper. You can also try to solve this issue by disabling the onboard graphic and after starting your computer with your graphic card. I think after disabling the onboard graphic your motherboard will be able to detect the Asrock Z68 Pro3 graphic card and after that your problem will get solved. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

I think you should try to solve this issue by doing the BIOS reset in your computer and after resetting the BIOS first turn on the computer without graphic card and make sure that all the BIOS setting is proper and computer is working fine. Now after checking that turn off the computer and then connect the graphic card with your motherboard and then star the computer and check computer is recognizing the motherboard or not.

If you don’t know how to reset the BIOS in your computer then you have to do following steps.
    • First you have to turn off the computer and then disconnect the power cord from power supply.
    • Now after that you have to open the cabinet and then look for the 3-pin jumper around your power supply. it may be labeled as reset BIOS or clear CMOS.
    • Now after that you have to remove the jumper from its position.
    • After removing it you have press the power button of your computer for some time.
    • After doing that you have to place the jumper to its original position.

After that connect all the cables with computer and after that check whether your problem get solved or not.

Have you tried to solve this issue by connecting your graphic card with any other computer? if you have not yet checked then first remove the graphic card from your computer and after that connect it with any other computer and then check whether it is working fine or not.

you can solve this issue by doing this trick. first you have to open the BIOS setting and after that you have to set PCI –E to priority to on boot and after that check whether your system is detecting the graphic card or not. if you get the same problem after that then you have to open the BIOS setting again and after that you have to set the shared memory to auto and after that check the result.

I have tried to solve this issue by connecting my graphic card with another PCI slot and after that also I was having the same problem. Now after that I have done the BIOS reset by doing all the steps which you have mentioned in your post but after doing that when I have tried to start the computer with graphic card at that time I get the same problem. I have also checked my graphic card with other computer and it is working properly which means there is nothing wrong with my graphic card. With other graphic card also my computer is giving me the same problem/ I have also tried to to check the computer by changing the BIOS setting but it doesn’t make any difference.

in my system there was similar problem occurred and after that also I have tried to search the solution on the internet but after that also I was getting the same problem and then I have came to know that by doing the BIOS update I can solve this issue and after that I have update the BIOS and after that my problem get solved.

yes I agree with the above post by doing the BIOS update you can solve this issue. Sometime doing the BIOS update will help the system to recognize the new hardware. if you don’t know about updating the BIOS then I will help you with that. Updating the BIOS is very simple. First you have to download the BIOS update file from the internet and after that you have to make bootable flash drive or Bootable flash CD of it. now after that ,making the you have to update the BIOS with the help of that and then check whether problem get solved or not. if you are still getting the same problem after that also then I think your motherboard is having some fault and you have to contact the manufacturer and then ask about the issue which you are facing and then they will give you the solution for it.

Thank you for helping me. After referring your reply I have downloaded BIOS update file and then I have done the BIOS update and after updating the BIOS my computer has recognized my graphic card. Now all the things are working properly.