Thread: Does anyone knows about AMD Radeon Memory

Does anyone knows about AMD Radeon Memory

I found some blogs which states that AMD has released some ram modules. This is really surprising to find. I mostly found and processors released by amd. I was not aware about the RAM. There is great price difference for the cpu's what they release. What about those RAM modules.

Re: Does anyone knows about AMD Radeon Memory

AMD released some DDR3 rams under three different classes. They are Enterprise Series, ULTRA PRO Gaming Series, and Entertainment Series. This sounds a bit interesting. The official site does not give any updates on pricing.

I know a bit specification about the RAM by AMD. There is an difference of RAM Mhz which directly creates an impact on the performance. Like for example in the Entertainment series you get an RAM of 1333 Mhz with 9-9-9 timing and same is much higher in Gaming series which is 1600 Mhz with 11-11-11. So that is the actual difference which you can simply figure out by reading the specification. It is being considered tha the ram are best recommended for AMD's CPU and APU. And you must also correct to assume that the price difference all the three cases. The price is still a bit unfixed for that. It is found on some site that AMD is charging around $20 for an single stick. But this is not the true price. There can be a rise or fall back.

It looks that AMD has taken a better step by entering the RAM market. Here those who love to use AMD can go for all similar modules and there also will be a less issue of compatibility.

It is correct. AMD has silently released some RAM modules. What I know that there are some 3 types of ram modules released. They belongs to different classes based on multimedia work, gaming and professional. So there is an range where users can choose a more number of ram modules designed as per specific class. This are DDR3 chips which are out and the performance not much great but somewhat similar to modules you find in the market. Many few knows about this ram release and also I had not found any kind of benchmark article on the same. About the specification those ram can be upto 1600Mhz. So that makes it an high performance RAM. I think this are some of the same what you find in the regular market. There is no worth going in detail, as you will find some more reflective articles on the web, who will define the pros and cons of the memory module. There is also nothing special told about this, so why to worry much on that. And about the price difference I did not notice any major changes.

Similarly if you buy this out of your region, then you will surely feel this costly.

This can be just intro rams. I do not AMD is going to do more after that. Currently the official website does not shows any information regarding this memory module. I searched but did not find info. So it is possible that this ram modules are out for some selected regions only. We might need to wait more for sometime till amd plans to release such or more other kind of ram modules in all regions. There are basically gpu/cpu/chipset only that are widely found on web and on the offline market. More updates on the same are still pending.

It is right to say that AMD has released thsi silently. There was really very less bang on this. I hardly found any ad or news about the pre and post release. The ram are DDR3 based chips for high performance. The modules varies as per the ram specification. AMD specially designed 3 series so that it can target all type of users and everyone is not forced to pay higher or lower. Gaming users have specially designed RAM comes under Gaming series. They have high mhz and low in ram timings. AMD said that they had used good quality ram parts to made the ram more stable and high in performance. AMD processors were really first choice for those how are more indulge in graphic work, and now ram too comes in the same section. There is also a ram for server line systems to deal with more data processing work. You must have a look on the specs before going for any updates. As per AMD this ram modules are tested and are compatible with many brands. This looks a bit impressive but still we might need wait for the market performance.

The ram timings mentioned, I want to know that does that really matters. If yes then who can benefit from it. Will it be better for an data base service.

Yes it really matters. That is the reason why companies post that in specification. Like AMD posted ram timing of Gaming series which is 1600 Mhz & 11-11-11 (timing). The Ram timings are based on the key values. They are memory latency. This is important to understand the RAM function and how much you can derive out of that. Latency is the delay timing which a memory perform in processing some data. It is like the time between the ram and the data it reaches. The much lower latency is the much faster ram works. So must count this in as an important aspect for ram. Another thing which also matters here is the memory timing. This are the performance of 4 different concept which altogether carry out the process of RAM. Like the CAS, Trcd, Trp and tRAS. You can go in more detail and read about this stuff to get more information on the ram timing importance. Keep an eye on the ram latency when you are buying this. Do no buy ram with higher latency.

I had seen the specifications for those ram modules. They came some weeks before and I really do not find them impressive. There are some 2gb ram sticks running on 1.5v. I prefer to have more compatibility and guarantee on new ram modules.