Thread: Dell Dimension E510 reporting wrong BIOS

Dell Dimension E510 reporting wrong BIOS

There is an issue which is faced on Dell Dimension E510 commonly. I had configured 2 new 2GB ram on the board with an update. I run everything went fine, but later on fresh reboot the error is reported. I do not know how to fix that back again. What can be the issue behind this. The exact error reports some wrong values in bios. I am trying to contact the customer support for this, but that might take time. In the meantime it will be really helpful to get an fix for this. Does this can be due to those ram. But those ram were purchased from dell itself and I found that they will surely work on my system properly. I also do not know much about the bios things. I read the manual and found to modify some settings in the bios. What are they exactly.

Re: Dell Dimension E510 reporting wrong BIOS

Reading the system configuration of Dell Dimension E510 I found that it will surely support 4GB ram. Did you check the ram configuration. Do for indetail specification of both your system and ram and then try to match the compatibility.

Is it right that this system has support for 4GB ram. The wrong value error states that some hardware is not compatible with the motherboard which is not properly detected by the BIOS. Do this. First disconnect one RAM stick and check. Perform the same with other ram. If system fails to boot with any one of them, then that means the part is faulty or incompatible. Get a replacement for the same. Second thing you can try is running a flash update for the bios. Run a bios update and check. You can download the most recent version of bios from the official website of dell itself. Download, and copy the file on disc and boot to run the bios update. This fixes most of the issue.

Here an bios update can surely fix the issue. Does the system was working with old ram. Surely, it is. Run a bios update enable bios, to accept the ram compatibility. Or else you will get a proper solution from dell support center.

Get new sticks. Replace them back again. In your case, it is a bit difficult to check them on another working condition. If you had purchased that manually, then carry your old sticks with you and show that to the seller. He will give you the matching of exact same ram. In some cases there is ram frequency which also matters, and as per your question you are facing issue only when you added those new ram stick. Otherwise things were working fine. BIOS failure is an bit different issue. Under such thing you face a black screen issue. In that case you need to re-flash your bios to make your system work.

You said that you run some updates. This can happen if, for example a wrong for your motherboard BIOS version you have flashed the flash itself, or an error has occurred. You have made the BIOS update is finished, but the screen stays black. This can happen if, for example a wrong for your motherboard BIOS version you have flashed the flash itself, or an error has occurred. You can use your old BIOS that you have the flash process previously saved to disk, but flash back again. This is possible because the boot-block BIOS with a BIOS update will not be overwritten. This process is a bit complicated.

Remove those sticks just and use old one to boot. It looks clear case for incompatibility. Get a replacement and ask for the compatible sticks.

On the link below, I found service manual of this system. I was reading about the system configuration were the ram block lies. The ram type which only works on this system is 400-MHz and 533-MHz DDR2 unbuffered SDRAM. You can use DDR2 ram on this with an Mhz between 400-MHz - 533-MHz. Anything higher above can cause issue. Second there are around 4 slots in your system and you can use 4GB ram support. The memory capacities that this system can handle lies between 256 MB, 512 MB, or 1 GB non-ECC. There is nothing much mentioned about the 2GB ram stick. Have a look on the link for more idea

Dell Dimension E150 Service Manual