Thread: unable to power up the system having gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H motherboard

unable to power up the system having gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H motherboard

890GPA-UD3H REV 2.1
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    8 GB Kingston (KHX1600C9D3K2/8G)
    Antec Earthwatts 650 Power Supply

Above details are my system specifications that I am having. I have gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H motherboard with no video card installed. All my components are brand new components. Actually the problem is when I press the power button to start the pc; the power light comes for just a second and then goes off. The CPU and case fans spin for the same amount of time and then stop spinning. When I press the power button back on nothing happens. Only after when I switch off the power supply I can power it back but that to just for a second. I am not sure whether there is some problem with the power supply or with the motherboard. I have cleared the CMOS and tried connecting and disconnecting the cables and connectors but nothing worked. Please give me some suggestions to resolve the issue.

Re: unable to power up the system having gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H motherboard

Make sure that the motherboard is not shoted. Also check the power supply by connecting other computer. If other computer works fine then that means the problem is with your system and not with the power supply. You can also use a power tester. If you don’t have any then you can purchase it from any electrical shop. You can also call the customer service support to help you out give you proper assistance regarding the issue. They are the experts and would help you resolving the issue.

Make sure that there are no loose screws or wires touching the motherboard or anything like that. As you have mentioned that all the components are new so the chances of any being faulty becomes less.

Make sure that CPU power connector is plugged in both the connectors. Also try to purchase a new psu. You can also take your system to any hardware shop for testing process. If your system is in warranty period then I assume your cost would decrease to 0 if any of your components has failed. You can get that faulty component replaced.

I think the issue is related to the motherboard. I had the same problem. I took my motherboard to the hardware shop and then they told that the problem is because of the fan. Then I changed the fan and now there is no problem. I would suggest you to take the CPU to the technician. They are experts and will surely guide you properly.