Thread: system with Gigabyte GA-880Ga-ud3h freezing and crashing

system with Gigabyte GA-880Ga-ud3h freezing and crashing

Recently I have purchased a new AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition processor with Ga-880Ga-ud3h motherboard. Also I have bought Kingston hyperx 8gb kit 1600 RAM. All these components I have bought from Amazon site. I also have installed a new power supply. My system doesn’t boot. If it boots sometimes then it crashes as soon as I click on something. I am having linux ubuntu operating system. I have installed ubuntu twice as I thought it would be because of that but it didn’t work. I have done many things to make it fine . list of things that I have tried doing is mentioned below:
    • I have flashed the BIOS
    • Tried resetting RAM but nothing happened
    • I unplugged everything and plugged back.
    • I also removed one RAM module.
    • I tried to install vista 64 bit and xp 64 bit.
    • All versions of ubuntu I installed but I had no luck
    I have observed that my RAM clock is set to 1333 and when I set it to higher ay 1600 the system instantly freezes. And when I restart and try to lower the RAM clock the installation fails.

re: system with Gigabyte GA-880Ga-ud3h freezing and crashing

Make sure that you have set your RAM to unganged mode. This type of issue has happened with me so change the ganged mode to unganged mode. Please let me know the timing on the RAM. I hope it is 9-9-9-24. You can reply to me in the next post and make sure you reply so that I can help you more effectively. Try to upgrade the RAM as it supports ram of 16 GB. Possibly purchase another 8 gb RAM for your system.

Well I would like to know that which version of BIOS you are running? I would say whatever version it may be try installing the FF version as it is the latest version available. I am sure updating the version will help you to resolve the issue.

Call the customer support guys to help you out. I hope all your new components are in warranty period. If any of the component isn’t good then you can get it replaced or at least get repaired. The technicians will guide you properly. Most probably the issue seems to be the issue of the power supply. Is your fan working properly when you try to reboot your system? please mention this also in the question as it will be more clear for the people to guide you and give solution. i hope this helps.

Well I had the same issue and my RAM clock time was also 9-9-9-24. I had installed the latest version of the BIOS but it didn’t help me. Then I consulted a technician and he then told me that my ram is faulty and I need to change them. So I decided to change the ram and as it supported 16 gb, I took 16 gb RAM. After installation, I didn’t find any issues. So try to change the RAM, it could be the RAM issue