Thread: Incorrect voltage on Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

Incorrect voltage on Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

I don’t know whether this issue is only about mine or not but the thing is my Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is having some kind of voltage related issues. Does anyone else notice it? The BIOS is telling that 12v rail lower than additional programs within Windows do. The motherboard is, on standard, as well supplying just about 0.025 below a few values I set the memory voltage to.

Re: Incorrect voltage on Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

The voltage should be actually stored in memory and SPD are automatically set correctly. Gigabyte had a long time in some cases even as a minimal value of 1.6 V. At least with AMD boards. Allegedly for reasons of stability. Then a reason for me not a Gigabyte board was to take. But they have probably changed. Since the new processors, the memory controller in the CPU has to sit if you watch what the maximum voltage that can off. I think Intel calls 1.6 V or 1.65 V. Everything about it goes out can damage the CPU. What values for the AMD Phenom or the bulldozers are necessary to read? The latter is, however, probably be known until release.

For one need a higher voltage (the board can deliver, but the consumption and temperature is clearly higher). On the other hand is testing their Geil Rams on Intel boards, whether that is running on AMD which probably do not care. Therefore, this can be that the Rams do not run. However, I would take even more value bars, the minimum notice you are no better timing, but the values are cheaper.

The truth that the figures are being accounted like somewhat inferior otherwise faintly superior is actually further of an irritation than a main problem and is frequently resolved while newer BIOS comes down. For myself, I wouldn't obtain to anxious on the figures particularly since the system is stable and running reasonable

I'd rather not say that this is due to the CPU, but rather on the board. Some boards are set so that they give a little more excitement. This is likely because the probably with less stress not completely error-free operation could be ensured, and I would rather be on a not so good board layout back. For me it was, for example, so the use with the exception of the boards, two completely identical configurations different voltages for the RAM.

I encompass an 870A-UD3 and the choices are within 0.020 increments, each and every one of which is pretty firm on set voltage. My system seems to be running fairly stable following a week of testing it away, except the memory voltage presently reports a steady 1.630 while i have it set on 1.655.

I have contacted Gigabyte and essentially the options were toward RMA otherwise hang around for a latest BIOS version. Optimistically, the trouble can be resolved by the use of the BIOS before finding out a latest review of every one of the boards themselves would be necessary..