Thread: Compatible Upgrades on Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2

Compatible Upgrades on Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2

I have been on the Gigabyte M61PME-S2 motherboard from the past several months. Seeing as it is a budget motherboard but it server me well so far. The current hardware configuration is as follows:
    • nVidia GeForce 6100V
    • CPU :AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2,71 GHz
    • Memory:3GB DDR2 800MHz
    • HDD:Western Digital 500 GB
    • Video Card: Radeon 4670 512MB DDR3
    • Monitor: Samsung Sync Master,1440x900
    • PSU: Seasonic 520 W

Right now I am looking for upgrade with a latest CPU and GPU,The budget is around $170 and within this I found Phenom II x 2 555 3,2 GHz as well as Radeon 5770 1 GB DDR 5. Official site telling that motherboard supports this CPU and t with a definite BIOS update it might work.

Is this possible: put AMD3 CPU on AMD2 motherboard? Does anyone tried it before?

Re: Compatible Upgrades on Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2

The AMD Phenom ii X2 555 CPU is really compatible on your motherboard except keep in mind to update the BIOS toward F5B prior to you install the latest CPU. You can download the BIOS from the Gigabyte official site and I would suggest that you make use of QFlash to sprint the update. If you are not certain of how to make use of QFlash in that case please test out the proper procedure.

As far as I know that the RAM should work OK through the new-fangled CPU and ought to run at its rated pace devoid of problem.

I don't believe there must be a trouble with running a 5770 GPU except there have been a pair of examples where a newer GPU lying on a few of the elder motherboards, have not worked appropriately. If you do come across a setback with this in that case you can for all time contact Gigabyte while it can frequently be fixed by way of a BIOS update.

As far as I know that this motherboard is based on Superior Dual channel DDR2 architecture 800. AMD Athlon64 FX / 64 X2 offer the desktop computing its integrated memory controller. This platform supports dual channel memory architecture DDR2 800 with a wide bandwidth of up 12.8GB/sy memory accessing latency thus delivering the greatest memory performance. AMD Phenom processors are an ideal choice for fans of the multi-media and intense multitasking environments for significant increases in speed and efficiency in energy consumption.

If you are going to install AMD AM2 + CPU on top of AM2 motherboard, the system bus is condensed from HT3.0 (5200MHz) toward HT1.0 (2000 MT / s), on the other hand, the frequency of AM2 + processor will not be impacted.

The architecture of the DDR2 800 for AMD Athlon TM 64 is associated with a CPU and an integrated memory controller. With support for ATI CrossFire, GIGABYTE pushes the limits of performance by providing optimizations and flexibility demanded by enthusiastic users. Designed to support Dual PCI Express connectivity, the GA-M61SME-S2L allows everyone to get a 3D rendering visual quality without fault.

I heard that there is a beta version of Gigabyte BIOS is going to release very soon. However I don’t know much about this version. Furthermore I didn’t get any information about for what series of motherboard this BIOS is compatible and what it includes. May be we should wait for a while. I have my doubts that the performance gains that may give relative to what you have now.