Thread: Upgrade HP DL145 g3 from Opteron 8way on 2way or Socket F from dual to quad

Upgrade HP DL145 g3 from Opteron 8way on 2way or Socket F from dual to quad

Hello guys I am using a HP DL145 g3. I have situated an 8376 HE within it (establish an amazing deal in favor of one through resale would still the majority likely movable me not anything financially). What a few information I originate resting on the 8000 vs. 2000 was basically that the 8000 are able to be utilizing in favor of 4 and 8 way servers. At the same time as the 2000 possibly will only be utilize on 2 ways. I proverb not anything stipulating the 8 way was incomplete to an 8 way scheme. Is this incorrect? Does the 8000 series necessitate having a system through at least 4 CPU and or at least 4 installed to commence? What you guys think about it? Please share your replies.

Re: Upgrade HP DL145 g3 from Opteron 8way on 2way or Socket F from dual to quad

The Server utilizes the Server Works HT2100 and HT1000 which commencing what small I am able to locate seems toward implies it would not be incomplete to a dual core creation CPU. So I went with a Shanghai through the corresponding 6400 memory. "AMD Opteron Revision F (Rev F) processors, commence during 2006, maintain quad-core upgradeability. Quad-core upgradeability specify that Revision F socket are pin companionable through and will maintain quad-core processors in the similar power and thermal envelopes.

There is no boundary for minimum quantity of processors in favor of 8xxx Opteron. You are capable to utilize it within 1-way servers within you would approximate toward. Quad-cores are found on latest micro-architecture, and they necessitate BIOS update. In view of the fact that your processor doesn't post, I be inclined to believe that the difficulty is related to [2] (BIOS doesn't maintain the CPU), than [3] (Dead CPU).

Hello thank you for your reply. The simply reason I consider it wasn't bios for the reason that all the AMD systems they scheduled did not necessitate a latest bios. However after that of course they were not "EOL". Sounds similar to I select the wrong company to go through if HP can’t be concerned to release uncomplicated bios. As a result the simply course at this point is sounding like annoying to perceive if there is custom bios wherever out within the wild in favor of the dl145 g3 or going through the older reconsideration.

I possibly will have missed a step and I will be confirmed however I originate a tyan server through updated bios through similar chipset as well as in support of six cores. I think I added it correctly to these bios and reflashed and it’s still not posting with the CPU (though it did flash correctly and will post through old). Do the bios particularly necessitate instructions in favor of 8000 series? In that. additional than a generic articulate "shanghai" in view of the fact that these are two way servers, the bios doesn’t have the maintain to understand 8 way as it necessities detailed micro code in favor of these that in general are not incorporated unless the bios in favor of the server within question is a 4way or 8 way.

Did you still obtain dual quad-core processors on the way to employ appropriately through a DL145 G3 server? I'm running within the identical obsession you did through 2x quad-core CPUs installed (AMD 2347 CPUs) the server not able to boot. This is through the latest July 2007 BIOS. Server boots and operates more often than not through 2218 CPUs. This is what I think about it. if you still want to know anything about it then try to find about it on internet.