Thread: MSI 990FXA-GD80 AMD 955 BE CPU Ratio working on a single core

MSI 990FXA-GD80 AMD 955 BE CPU Ratio working on a single core

I overclocked the 955 AMD previously on other boards without a problem. I changed the multiplier to achieve the desired frequency, leaving the FSB to 200. But after the creation of everything in my new-GD80 900fxa changing relationship with a 19x CPU FSB of 200 changes to a single core 3.8 GHz and leave others to 3.2 GHz (16x 200). I can get an overclock on all kernels by setting the FSB to say 200 to 238, and leave the multiplier alone. I drop the multiplier to 15x and then just downclocks the first kernel not the other three. I have the latest BIOS version 11.1. Using the latest coretemp and CPU-Z to control and hit a barrier, like I'm out of ideas! Any suggestions or thoughts would be great!

Re: MSI 990FXA-GD80 AMD 955 BE CPU Ratio working on a single core

It is interesting to see someone with the same problem I was with another 4x AMD. I wondered the same thing as you about the cause of the problem software. First I removed the monitoring software I was using and tried a different program, without success. After you uninstall the software from the plate to do with the control or adjustment (MSI Control Center, Live Update, unlocker core, AMD OverDrive, etc) but this has not solved the problem either.

I do not think it is a problem with my 955BE, as it appears as a CPU that supports this card in the product page. Also, I used the multiplier OC this chip in other forums. When I contacted MSI Online Support told me to take you back to my shop and make repairs under warranty (it seems MSI recognizes the problem as due to a defective system board). Unfortunately, since I bought the board from Newegg I will not receive the replacement until the end of this week, hopefully tomorrow. Once I have the replacement will be able to tell if the problem persists. Hopefully not and it was just a defective card mixed with bad luck!

It looks a bit strange problem for 2 people to have the same motherboard that has been around for about a month. I have no hope that it is a hardware failure. It seems to me that more than a matter of BIOS or design flaw, but uncertain. I know you have the latest BIOS, but hopefully something will come soon or I'll sell the combo and go to Sandy Bridge. I am delighted to help you take my advice.

Just fill out the customer. Have an answer bios no change, published the results, return no response at the right time. Called Newegg, rma'd plate Asus MSI has a plate on the road. MSI I would be willing to have more than one occasion as a user of MSI in the first place, but anyone in the community seems to have no idea what is wrong and I am spending time on this issue is not that it is Only worth it when you can replace by a company that have relied for many years through many builds. Maybe MSI can learn something from ASUS customer service. When I called them and finally has a representative who understands your technology and catered to my specific problem. Not just a $ 6/hr do steps 1 step 2 step 3 is performed, but not fixed, bad table. You spend the money order for the new one is my suggestion.

A community of users as you like in your free time to helping others. None of us is that attendees have an answer to all problems. The impossible we do immediately, miracles take a little longer. Patience, once again, unfortunately, is a virtue. Sorry to see that their own expectations of instant gratification skew the true purpose of this thread, and that was to help find a solution to the original poster's query.

It is the advice and I would not wait for a resolution. They get angry when try to post here the truth. I do not think this post is going to be long, so it's everywhere I could get people to be well informed on the board. Has the new ASUS motherboard 990fx a saber-toothed. All cores are now unlocked I do believe it was the motherboard. Only by noting the MSI tables will not unlock all the cores (another person in line with the same problem as me), Gigabyte boards are having crazy vcore fluctuation, and so far Asus board I have not encountered any problems online or in use. By the way I like the new BIOS much better compared to my M2N32 old.