Thread: Unable to find free resources in MSI K9VGM-V and SB X-Fi Extreme PCIe

Unable to find free resources in MSI K9VGM-V and SB X-Fi Extreme PCIe

I comprise a SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme card PCIexpress audio but it failed working after performing a BIOS upgrade from 1.0 to 1.8. In Device Manager my PCI to PCI-X Bridge has a yellow mark of exclamation and its properties have the following information: This device cannot find enough free resources that can be used. To use this device, you need to disable one of the other devices on this system. Does anyone know what this problem?

Configuration of the System:
    • K9VGM-V motherboard
    • Antec Fusion 430 Case
    • 2x1GB DDR2 modules
    • Gainward 9500GT 1GB fanless gfx card
    • Hauppauge Novat-T 500 tv card
    • LB Blu-ray/HDDVD drive
    • 120GB IDE HD
    • 120GB SATA HD

Re: Unable to find free resources in MSI K9VGM-V and SB X-Fi Extreme PCIe

You can do a BIOS modification lower than 1.8 and 1.0 above, there are many revisions. You can always go prior to 1.0 runs. Seems to be a USB device at random - sometimes the VFD does not work, sometimes the remote - which is the only 2 that I have connected USB devices. I thought a BIOS update would assist, but that's when I found the crisis with "Can not find enough free resources." I would get this fixed BIOS as I was thinking of upgrading my CPU to 6000 +.

For what it's worth, we have the same problems with MediaLive, from standby mode or (forgot one) gives the same problems and it is impossible to fix. We conclude that Windows is terrible in this matter. Tested with all types of windows, same troubles VFD (and other things not only USB) has problems. In MediaLive've tried every BIOS does not improve. I have serious doubts about any BIOS fix this problem, Windows just to initialize the devices again after waking, but not in many cases. It happens even on laptops from time to time.

It will not be better, since it is unlikely to have any more BIOS updates for this forum. What you describe is not unusual after a BIOS update on a system that already has an operating system and various devices installed. I suspect that somewhere between V1.0 and V1.8, MSI made a coding change of the PNP PCI IRQ routing, the ACPI tables, or other configuration mechanism is not compatible with your current settings.

The solution to this may vary but first, you have to download the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1 platform driver package from the valid website, then unzip / extract any temporary directory for later. Uninstall the drivers for each device is not essential, then remove the device from the system (unplug or disable the card in the BIOS). Do this for the integrated audio (if the drivers have been installed previously, but not uninstalled), LAN, TV tuner card, and Soundblaster X-Fi. For the graphics card, just uninstall the NVIDIA display drivers. Hard drives and optical drives can be left alone.

To my knowledge, when all non-additional devices are uninstalled, restart Windows and run the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1 driver installation. If the installer prompts you to update or remove drivers, then select update ensue to install the chipset INF files only (uncheck the box next to the IDE or SATA controllers). Restart when prompted and let Windows load normally. Check Device Manager for device problem. If the PCI bridge device still shows a problem, right click and delete / uninstall. Reboot and let Windows reinstall, then check again. If no devices with problems, the windows rolled down (Turn Off Computer), and then begin installing the devices and drivers again (one at a time, not all at once).

If that does not solve the problem of resources, plan B is to perform the repair install or clean install of Windows. As for Athlon 64 X2 6000 +, no less than three different variants X2 6000 +. Make sure the model is the one with 89W TDP, not the model 125W TDP. K9VGM-V is compatible with TDP up to 89W MAX. Since the MSI support has not been able to help, I guess I'll have to lower my rear plate from 1.2 to 1.0 and hope that no tickets will let me taught my other 1.7 board.