Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 with AMD Phenom II Black edition 1100T six core processor showing blue screens out the rear

MSI 790FX-GD70 with AMD Phenom II Black edition 1100T six core processor showing blue screens out the rear

I freshly upgraded my processor from AMD Quad Core processor core AMD Phenom Black Edition 1100Tsix II. I updated the bios, but I'm getting blue screens on the back. I tried to reset the CMOS does not help. Here are my components; please someone let me know if something is not supported.
    • Mother board- MSI 790 FX GD70
    • Graphic Card - Radeon HD 6970
    • Processor- AMD Phenom II Blk Edition 1100T Six Core
    • Memory- Sniper G.Skill AMD AM3 16 GB DDR3-1333
    • Power Supply- Stealth X Stream 700W
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Is my MSI 790-FX-GD70 motherboard compatible with the AMD Six?

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 with AMD Phenom II Black edition 1100T six core processor showing blue screens out the rear

What does the BSOD message say? Test your RAM modules with Memtest86. Since you have 16 GB of RAM will most likely need to change the RAM configuration and stress to get it to run properly. Try to reduce the frequency to start with and increase the tension, if necessary. Loosening the times may also help. What RAM modules you have exactly? Modules designed for Intel systems can often cause problems for AMD systems.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 with AMD Phenom II Black edition 1100T six core processor showing blue screens out the rear

Yes, you can run Six Core Board. I am close to setting specifications and running great. Did you know to date that at least the BIOS version: 1B? 1B is the first version to support Core 6. The final version of the list is 1H. If everything was working very well with Quad Core, possibly reinstall the Quad Core and re-flash the BIOS if necessary to 1B or higher. My other idea is memory, having worked with the Quad Core, but qualified for the 1100T? If you are overclocked Quad parameters are different. I upgraded from a Tri-Core (720BE) and found that it was re-discovered. I shielded blue X3 values. I'm just a little tight on my 1090T.

If you are getting error with a stick wrong, if not error then try the following settings. Set your memory in 1066 and 2T command rate, try again. Sorry to say, but Gskill AMD systems is causing a lot of trouble with fantasy settings SPD. If the latter option does not solve it, go for a test stick and try one by one, as well as running one at a time. My money is on the memory being the offender. I'm sure of it because I had experienced the same thing.

I took three of four of the two sticks GB. Still I have a blue screen immediately. I replaced it with a second, not to start at all. I installed the third, has been running very smoothly with no freeze ups or blue screens. Should I stick with the same room? What should I do with the first two sticks? Is there a quick test to the previous message? Could be the time is out? How should I proceed? I am waiting for your reply.

I went through the process of removing the memory sticks that installing one by one. Netflix opened applications and several at the same time. Two of the sticks made impeccable, catlist control a closed a couple of times in the browser. And finally, the blue screened immediately. Bingo, a bad one and another? I go to the pair of RMA and reinstall the other patient for a total of 8 GB, and ran memtest for over 5 hours without errors. So now I just hope the two new good. Are there any timing options to be adjusted?

A random restart your PC or an appearance of the dreaded "blue screen of death" usually indicates some sort of hardware problem with your PC. To help determine the cause of restarts, you must leave your PC to automatically restart when it crashes. Right-click Computer in the Start menu, select Properties. Click Advanced System Settings on the left, click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery system, and uncheck the automatically restart under System Failure.