Thread: MSI 870A-G54 unable to Post including no video

MSI 870A-G54 unable to Post including no video

The computer will not POST and no video. I have installed the speaker and no beeps. I'm testing out of the box and no sound with any combination of installed components. Clearing CMOS does not help. The board is turned on and no LED lights, but no post / video, what I can do?
    Below are the specifications:
    • CPU AMD Phenom ii x4 BE @ 3.2Ghz
    • Motherboard MSI 870A-G54
    • Memory G.Skill RipJaw 4GB DDR3 1333
    • Video card Sapphire 6850 1GB 256 bit
    • Hard drive None installed, can't post, no beeps
    • Operating system: None, no post, no beeps
    • PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series 650W Output +3.3V@24A, +5V@30A, +12V@52A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3.0A

Re: MSI 870A-G54 unable to Post including no video

II is the Phenom 955 GHz Quadcore Black Edition@3.2 ram I tried and there was no signal, so it's not the RAM? Are you sure that only the CPU does not cause ringing, I heard it's more likely a DOA motherboard. Also, do not think it's the BIOS support for the CPU, because I've seen more people with my CPU and motherboard and it works for them, outside the box. Try another CPU and memory, and then we'll know for sure if the board is dead.

If the CPU is dead, then the board will not start. If the memory is dead, then the CPU cannot start, nor can the motherboard. At this point, you cannot assume the board is dead, until you try another acquaintance of the CPU is working properly. If you do not have anything available to try, ask a friend if you can help, or take your parts to a local computer store and see if they can help. Of course, if you are influenced that someway the motherboard is dead, then by all reason replace it. But if you get the same difficulty with another motherboard, then you make out that the CPU must be at mistake.

AMD and Intel do anything modern exclusive of ram, why do people try to start system out of RAM these days is further than me. And no, it's safe to assume is the motherboard. It is safer to suppose that the memory or the CPU is not compatible with the BIOS installed. To check the BIOS chip that you need at least BIOS H4 or try another alternative memory device. Also check the CPU for bent. We hope that this information is my little helps.

If the changes are in bad shape, how I can fix it? Clearing CMOS does not help there a way to test to see if the CPU, no other motherboard or the other? I've heard is much less CPU than other components, so I refuse to believe it is the CPU. I doubt that is the ram, I do not think two pieces of a large company like gskill sticks would be bad. For more information about the club can be referred to the Internet.

BIOS does not get on if bad flash. So the rule that subject to form his mind. However, there is a chip on the motherboard with a green-tag. This is 5x5mm in size; we find and publish the information printed on it. It usually starts with something like ms-xxxx and then some other things. As for Ram, Gskill is a troublemaker with AMD CPU, it fails more than other brands, as such, is discarded after a bit. I am happy to share my suggestion with you.

If your BIOS version cannot support the CPU, then remove the CMOS will achieve nothing. Find your BIOS chip, and tell us what it says there. Test the CPU in another system that works. Sufficient number of people those who had memory problems GSkill Ripjaw here, especially in AMD systems, which suggest otherwise. If not, then the factory BIOS is H8 (17.8), so the support of the CPU should not be a problem later. If there are problems, then you should call a friend with AMD and the system and borrow a memory stick it and see what happens. If not that, then it is safe to say that the board is broken.

I also had the same problem. I could not get any video or post. I returned the board and tried a new one only to have the same problem. I narrowed it down to either CPU or Memory. Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 (8GB) ram is certified to work with this board. Replaced the existing ram with it and everything worked fine. I would try making sure your memory has been tested with MB