Thread: Unable to install 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller

Unable to install 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller

Hello friends I got a new MSI board and then I just did some changes and I got a BSOD and then it kept on occurring and I got very much problem so what I did was I contacted to the manufacturer and they asked me to send it back and I did send it back and then ordered a another one of the same model and now this time I don’t did any of the changes and still I got problems with it now what to do what is the reason for it can you tell me about this please have any one faced this problem?

Re: Unable to install 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller

Well I would like to ask you that have you installed any driver or so which would be causing a problem to you because I have found some of the cases in which the problem is been faced by some driver which are not supported or they are corrupted so they can be a problem so just check out that you haven’t done that and if you have done that then look out for the ways to remove them and if you are again getting the BSOD then again need to contact to the service center.

I think that if you are having a windows 7 then I think you don’t need to install any driver for the 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller in the windows seven and if there is any problem then just go to the device manager and then select and then select the delete 1394 device from that list and then tell it to scan up with the new hardware and so I think this would be helping you a bit just look out for this and get help by it best of luck and hop get your problem solved.

Can it not be the case that the reseller have resend the same product to your again because in certain cases I won’t be trusting them ever they have been doing such stuffs they just do some repairing in it and then just resend it so you need to clear that it is not the same one and then I would say that it can be taken as a firewire cable and it has too be carefully inspected and then the device has to bee tested in another machine also and this would give some hint about it.

I would also like to say that there have been some cases in which the problem has been created with the windows update the blue screen and all have been a problem with that too, so make sure that you haven’t done anything like that and have your tried to format your drive? Just try that and see if after formatting it is it working fine and if it does then the case was with the updating and some setting itself make all the bios setup to the factory setting and then see are you helped with this one.

Can you not ask any of an engineer to check it out once and have some solution regarding that? I would be preferring that just ask some of the engineer to be there and check it out and let you know that whats the problem with that and if you have the manufacturer service center around you then you need to visit over there and ask them to do some repairing in front of you and let you know whats the problem and even just note down the model number and the product code number so that if the replacement would be with the same product then it would be easy to know.

For me this seems to be an Firwire and the SD card reading problem and also the driver issue can be the problem so i think you need to try installing the \Legacy\ driver supplied with Windows 7. with that i would be asking you to go to the device manager and then try to uninstall the 1394 drivers and then choose to scan for those hardware changes and by the clicking the action tab over the top. and then the windows would be trying to find the driver for the 1394. Now if this isn't working then you need to follow some of the PC_tester search for the steps over it and then that would surely solve the problem.