Thread: MSI WindBox DE220 and Radeon HD 4330: DXVA is not working

MSI WindBox DE220 and Radeon HD 4330: DXVA is not working

currently I am having the WindBox DE220 which is having the Mobility Radeon HD 4330 on it. after performing couple of tweak on the device of mine I will be able to play the h.264 with full dxva support. I have tried to installed the latest catalyst mobility package but after installing the same I have found that the DXVA is did not seems to be working at all. Let me know why the above mentioned issue is happening on the situation of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: MSI WindBox DE220 and Radeon HD 4330: DXVA is not working

I am wondering that the DE220 box will be having the specific kind of the mobility chip which is not having the support for the lash acceleration. Personally I was expecting that there will be some kind of the h.264 acceleration which is used on the chip. So you are absolutely right there could be an issue with the drivers and I agree that the users who are having the above mentioned issue should update the drivers.

Looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here I am asking following question which will help me to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the laptop of yours? tell me about the exact the hardware as well as software configuration of the laptop of yours? which version of the drivers do you have installed on the laptop of yours.

Well we know that Wind machines are considered as quite light machine. So far the drivers are not updated. I think the drivers which you have installed on the laptop of yours is not having support for the hardware acceleration. So I think it seems to be mandatory to install the latest version of the drivers on the device of yours. you can get the latest version of the drivers from the official website of the device manufacturer. You visit it and download as well as install the drivers on the device of yours.

Let me know whether you have managed to resolve the matter after looking at the information which is mentioned by the all the users of this particular thread. Well if you are not able to get any proper solution on this particular matter than I am suggesting that you should contact the technical support team of MSI to get the further assistance. I think the technical support team will be the only person who will help you to resolve the matter of yours.

I am really glad to have number of solutions which has been provided by the users of this particular forum. I have done with all the stuffs which you have told me but there was no difference in the situation. However I am thinking that I am going to talk with the technical support team of the device manufacturer to get the further assistance on this particular matter. anyway thanks a lot for the help to fix the issue of mine.

Would be glad if someone could post the links or the sollutions on how to make h.264 with full dxva support work on my de220. I´ve been trying for a week now to get it to work.. Downloaded the latest catalyst drivers today and that only made everything worse! What drivers should i download and what tweaks should i do? Just upgraded to 4gb in ram, thought that this would solve the problem but no.. Thanks in advance!!