Thread: Is AMD DURON can be upgraded

Is AMD DURON can be upgraded

Hello friends, I want to ask is there any possible to upgrade the AMD duron processor to the Athlon X2 processor or even better than the Athlon X2. I am not known so much about the processor specification beside that is the AMD Duron and the socket may be 754. I want to know whether my AMD duron can be upgrade to Athlon X2 or higher the Duron, if yes then how. I just want to built a higher one and make my computer a better one also.

Re: Is AMD DURON can be upgraded

If you have mentioned your keyboard name also then it will be easy to solve your query. As per you query and details you have mentioned it seems to be the AMD K8 series processors. Well you have to buy new motherboard, CPU and RAM for the up gradation. I would suggest you take the whole motherboard and processor combined one. If you go for the up gradation then it will cost you more than you will purchase a brand new. The decision is depended upon you, so can think about it.

As you have mentioned the Socket 754, well let me tell you the Socket 754 is of the K8 family of the processor, and you are running a K7 processor. So you better check the port of our processor then check for upgrade of it. I am also using the AMD Duron 1100 as a file server. For the upgrade you will have to buy new motherboard/CPU/RAM and it should be combo. Your board is of the A and that board is been disconnected from many years.

You can just contact the company service centre and ask is that are able to upgrade on to the higher processor with the same board or not. You can just visit any local computer making store and ask those guys for some suggestion also. Well I also think there might be no upgrade for any old board. If you want to upgrade then you better go to the brand new PC or try to assemble the parts at cheap rates and joint it together. There is no way you can upgrade your processor on such a old board.

As all the above user told that it no use of upgrade the processor on the old board and also that board production is been stopped tears ago. I will also suggest you the same. If you go to upgrade the processor then indirectly you will have to spend a lot of cash on your computer, if you buy a new with higher version processor then it will be cheap than from the upgrade of the processor. But the main and final decision is upon you. I hope my suggestion will help you.