Thread: MSI Big Bang XPower unable to recognize D-link DWA-556

MSI Big Bang XPower unable to recognize D-link DWA-556

The Windows 7 64-bit or motherboard does Not recognize D-Link Wireless-N card DWA-556 (X1), I was using smoothly in an MSI P7N Sli with Win7 64 bits. The card is in good condition, but when installed in any PCI-e will not be recognized, ie nothing happens as if the card was not there. Furthermore, there is nothing to do with the drivers will not install if the card is not recognized and no firmware update available on the website including chip manufacturer (Atheros). I've tried the entire PCI-e video card with a simultaneous second and they work fine (Palit 9600GT nVidia). Maybe some kind of BIOS setting?

Specification:
    • Big Bang XPower (Rev v1.1 --- BIOS v1.2)
    • Intel core i7 920 @ 3.4 GHz
    • Kingston HyperX 6 gb (3x2gb) 2000 MHz
    • EVGA 480 GTX

Re: MSI Big Bang XPower unable to recognize D-link DWA-556

The wireless card was recognized when connected to perfection PCIe x1 sound card and installed automatically by win7, it worked perfectly. And then again the sound card was not recognized when installed on any of the "blue" PCIe slots. I even distorted the video card (EVGA GTX480) to all PCIe slots and it worked without any troubles. So my conjecture is that there is some BIOS setting I'm missing, or perhaps a new version of the BIOS might fix that. I do not think the entire PCIe slot six was meant only for video cards, so that other devices must be capable of being installed on them.

The quantum wave card will fail to work in any PCI-E1, but as they say in the physical on page A-2. So far, I have been clever to get a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion to work in slots 2 through 7, but only with the Windows audio driver generic, and yet sometimes cracks, fades and sound input output, and stops running at random. In a day or two, he would submit a ticket support MSI and ask if there anything other than VGA card PCI-E2 works through PCI-E7.

The reason may be fairly straightforward, if something like this could be measured a easy case: awful chance or bad hardware. MSI P7N Sli old only had a Gen2 PCI-Ex slot. Was the above, who worked on the x16 VGA mode which was plugged remaining two light blue (x8) is Gen1. Gen2 PCI-Ex sends the signal to equal sides of the connector and thus copying the bandwidth, Gen1 only on one side. I at least had some problems with the old RAID SAS / SATA (with the same disks) that running completely well on older motherboards, but quite scared when connected to Gen2 PCI-Ex slot (in fact, works both ways , new Gen2 x8 drivers also sometimes going crazy when put into old Gen1 slot).

Recently I tested a beta bios A7666IMS.137 additional card other than a VGA. It worked fine, at least in the grooves of E4, E5, E7 and was tested in the lanes are very critical of how to configure their design. VGA slot E2 and a sound card in the E4, for example, reduce the bandwidth of the VGA to 8X. Put the sound card in the slot or E7 E5, VGA bandwidth is 16X. Until we get a better power supply this week, I cannot prove SLI and see what happens with a VGA slots E2 and E5 and the sound card in the slot E7. I hope to see 16X 16X for VGA. The three together, eat all lanes assigned 36. Basically what this means is a fourth card added, the allocation of lanes and bandwidth will be further modified to maintain the maximum of 36 lines.

I've tried every particular slot, with only my video card and all the resources in the bios disable unnecessary. The only thing left in the era of the RAID controller since I have a RAID 0. Windows 7 recognizes the card but says not enough resources. In the E1 slot that works well, but no sound. To be clear, this card works fine on my old Asus board, and I've tried all PCI-E that too without any problem.

I researched the online library from Microsoft about the issue of resources and said that most of the time this happens because the BIOS do not assign resources correctly. I do not know exactly what those resources are now, perhaps the memory addresses or something, so I think, because MSI has already written a fix in the bios specifically for this wifi card, could review the resources.